Hi, my mother is taking Lunesta for sleeping disorder. But, how effective it really is? Is it capable to provide good night sleep after which you awake refreshed, or is it like other sedatives?

Lunesta contains eszopiclone, which is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic. Lunesta is indicated for the short-term treatment of insomnia, so it is not a long-term solution. Like with any other medication producing artificial functions, so is this one not completely restoring a natural function, but forcing your brain to get asleep. However, if people constantly don’t sleep well they feel exhausted and frustrated all the time. So, it is widely recommended to sleep, at least with drug help. If taking a sleeping peel becomes a habit, an natural sleep doesn’t even get a chance to restore that presents a problem, which requires your special attention.

My personal experience was the most refreshing, solid sleep in years and years.  Most sleep meds, if they even work, leave me feeling like I didn't sleep much no matter how much I got.The 24/7 nasty taste in my mouth was more than I could bear, but it worked GREAT!