Hello people,

I have these strange feelings in my arms and legs but these feelings aren't painful, it's not pain, these are just some weird feelings, I have no idea how to describe these to you. They mostly happen when I am just lying down, but sometimes they occur when I am walking as well.

Now, I am suffering from anxiety at the same time. I keep thinking that my anxiety might be connected to these weird feelings that I am having in my arms and legs. What do you guys think, can my anxiety be the cause of these weird feelings?

Hey Guest,

It is quite normal for people suffering from anxiety to experience these kind of things. A lot of people suffering from anxiety are explaining these strange feelings like this: they say that they have numbness in their legs and arms. Do you think that you would explain your strange feelings in the same way? If yes, then these strange feelings are definitely caused by anxiety. However, if you are doubting all of this, you can always go and visit your doctor so that he can do some tests and see if everything is okay with your arms and legs, you know, just in case.

Hi Guest,

It is just like Eating Boss wrote above, the strange feelings that you are experiencing are called numbness in arms and legs and they are a common symptom (or sign) of anxiety. These feelings occur because of a large amount of stress that is accumulated in your body. The only way to stop this from happening is to get away from stress, if you can. It isn't easy to distance yourself from stress when you are suffering from anxiety because even the most basic things can be stressful, but you have to try and work on it, for your own good.

Yes Guest, these feelings that you are having are definitely a symptom of your anxiety. May I ask what are you doing in order to get over your anxiety? I mean, you have to be doing something if you want to overcome this dark period of your life (I find anxiety and depression really dark for people). Have you talked to a psychologist about this, did he tell you that you are suffering from anxiety or did you make this conclusion yourself? Because if you didn't talk to a psychologist about this, I would suggest you to do that, he can help you out.

Good day there. I remember when this happened to me for the first time, I was really scared and I didn't know what I should do about this whole situation. I started to panic even more then usual. But than I went to see my doctor. I am glad because I have no problems with visiting the doctor when I have some issues like those. He told me that this feeling, so strange feelings in legs and arms are pretty much common and normal for people who suffer from anxiety and depression. There are some medications that can help you calm this situation, but I am not using them at all.

Hey there.

I am calling this shooting pains. Because when my arms and legs are "acting" like they are not mine, it is like a shoot for me. I hope that I could explain this to you. But, like others told you, it is quite normal. Sharp shooting and some kind of stabbing pains everywhere on your body such as the head, face, neck, shoulders, back, chest, stomach, groin, legs, feet, toes, arms, hands, fingers, and in the mouth are related with anxiety. Also, you might also feel light to severe pressures regularly or sporadically on the body as well. That is all because of anxiety. 

That is quite one really uncomfortable feeling. Anxiety pains can persistently affect one area of the body only, but it can also shift and affect another area or areas, and can migrate all over the body and can affect many areas over and over again. For example, in my case, this pain was shifting from my back to my arms and legs.
In my case, those pains can come and go rarely, but they also can occur frequently. . For example, you may feel shooting pains once and a while and not that often, feel them off and on, or feel them all the time. It is different from person to person, but it is extremely annoying. Extremely!

Hey dear Guest. You definitely shouldn't be that worried about this whole situation, but you should contact and consult your doctor. My dear friend is using medications because of it, even if he was avoiding them until he was really bad. Those strange feelings can definitely cause you an anxiety, but they are usually very unpleasant so they are bothering you.

Sometimes, you can't fight against it alone so you need to seek for help and medications.

You are probably very stressed and you should find a way to control it. If you learn how to control it, you will have less problems with it.