I really want a baby. I know that it is a life changing choice but at this moment I'd rather take that chance then wait and never know what its like to have a baby of my own. I have thought about this for a long time and I know my family and friends would be there to support me in my decesion. I'm faced with one problem and that is I have been having unprotected sex for months now and with endometriosis and still haven't got pregnant. What are some tips p.s. I am almost done with school so thats not a problem.

hi have you had sugary or seen your doctor to comfirm your endo??
i just got out of hospital i have it to but screening my sugar and getting it removed i now know that if i want a child i have a 2-4 year span to do so in... so you may have it bad. i couldnt get pregnant either but i had alot of endo in me, so with it being removed my chances have now gottn better.
so maybe do the same get refured to a gyno throught your doc so it dont cost.
other wise try changing your diet this can help with the endo and with preg.
google endo on the net i got alot of info from there.

good luck honey all the best

cat

I understand exactly what you are going through! I was 18 and they told me that they thought I had a severe case of endometriosis. I had decided at that point I was going to try and get pregnant as soon as they confirmed it. You should try and get some of the scar tissue removed because this can help your chances of conceiving. Although after they performed a laporoscopy they found out I did not have endometriosis but in fact did have 2 completely seperate uterus' connect only by my left ovary.

As long as your doctor has confirmed you have endometriosis I would get the surgery to remove as much scar tissue as possible, I would stick with your plan. Being able to grow a person is an amazing experience, it would sacrafice me going out and partying and having to grow up quickly to experience the miracle of conceiving! I wish you the best!

hi. how did you know u have endo? do i have endo if i'm just bleeding/spotting but i don't really feel any pain.. does sex have anything to do with the bleeding? the spotting began 2 days after i've had unprotected sex.. spotted for a week, bled another week (menstruation), then after my mens.. im still spotting.. nope it's not pregnancy. so what do u think can this be?

I actually have a friend who was in a similar situation. She had a baby as soon as she graduated from high school, and decided to skip college to raise her son because of endo. I didn't realize then how powerful her decision was - knowing that she wanted to experience pregnancy and taking the risk at an early age. I'm happy to report that she is still content with her decision. Now, years later, I'm a reporter for women's magazines and would love to talk to women who've experienced something similar - deciding to have a child at a young age because of health complications. If you'd like to share your story, you can reach me
If you contact me, I can share more about my credentials as well as my name. I've written for magazines like Self, Women's Health and Psychology Today. Thanks for your time.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Endometriosis is when you have extra lining around your uterus. It causes scar tissue, very painful periods, and a lot of heavy bleeding. I know exactly how you feel. I'm still young and I would give anything to have a baby of my own, but my endo is really gettting in the way. I've been trying for about 6 months now and no luck... It's heartbreaking and depressing to know that I may not have a baby :'( I wish you the best of luch sweetie and hopefully you'll get a BFP!!

Hey, I too am soon to be 18 (in april) and i have endo. I know the longer i wait the lower my chances of pregnancy.

As crazy as it sounds I would rather put my career plans on hold and start a family because i do not want to deminish my chances. Many people would

disagree with me and tell me that adoption should be but honestly people only want to adopt if it is NECESSARY

I feel for all of us with this condition. Its painful physically and emotionally. I would love to further share my story im new to this

and am not sure how to get your contact info. My email is _[removed]_, and for the other 17 year old going through this FEELFREE to contact me. i would

love to have a support system with someone who knows what im going thru

I completely understand what you are going through. I was 16 when I found out about my endo and it was devistating. All I ever wanted to do was be a mom, and my doctor basically told me that if I wasn't 16 he would tell me to get pregnant now. I took that really hard. It's hard to hear that all your dreams are going up in smoke. However, I prayed long and hard about it and decided that having a baby then was not the right decision for me, let me emphasize that I say for me. I didn't want to have to have my family help me out, or have to struggle to take care of my baby. Again, this is what went through my mind, and I am not saying that it is the right decision for everyone. I had a boyfriend at the time, and I talked about it with him and he wanted to just get pregnant. Well, I got lucky and decided having a baby at that time was not right because I am not with the guy now, and instead am married to the most amazing guy I could have ever asked for. He and I are now trying to conceive and are finding it fairly difficult. This is mainly due to my endo...however, I still believe that I made the right decision for me at the time. It's not easy for me to continue to get negative test results, but we are looking into all of our options because now-a-days there are fertility treatments that can help with endo.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I understand that it can feel like the end of the world, but just remember that there are treatments that can still help you out...and there are medicines you can take to help control your endo. Again, the decision I made was right for me, but it is not right for everyone. I would encourage you to think long and hard about it because it will change your life with either decision that you make. Make sure and do lots of research before you make your final decision.

Hope this was helpful!

Hello every one,

I am 24 I started getting pain and Diarrhoea and vomiting,

Where I would be stuck in in the bathroom, for hours not being able to move.

I collapsed in town and I got taken to hospital where they did a abdominal scan.

They found a cyst on my left ovary and sent me to see a Gyni,

He said I needed a laparoscopy to burst the cyst and I may have Endometriosis, but he said he didn’t think so and the pain was just from my cyst.

Day of my surgery 2nd February 2011.  My surgery was only meant to take 1 hour as he was going to pop a cyst and that was that,

But over 3 hours later I woke to my mum and partner beside me.

I had a 6cm cyst on my left ovary and a 2cm cyst on my right ovary, and Endometriosis growing on my bowl. He popped both cysts and he used laser on my bowl to burn the Endometriosis of.

Since then I have been put on the pill to stop bleeding completely until I see him again in jully 11th 2011 which I think is a long time to wait after surgery to see him again

The pill he put me on has not stopped the bleeding I have been bleeding  every day since the 2nd February 2011 with nausea.

Let’s see what happened in July on my appointment I will also be asking him about having children.

Please feel free to contact me as I don’t know anybody who has this, 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I am 18 years old, I have been graduated from high school for almost a year and a half now. I have started college and would like to go to vet school. Problem is, I have all of the symptoms of endo, on top of that my sister, cousin, mom and grandma all have or had it. Everyone has been able to conceive because they had the surgery to remove some of the scar tissue. I am thinking of pregnancy now, since I will be late twenties before i am completely done with school. I would rather have a child before school starts then in the middle. I have been in a relationship for four years and my boyfriend is scared he wont be able to experience the "dad" experience. Am I wrong to do this for my family's future? I will still go to school, but have a child first.

I'm 17 Years old i recently just had surgery on July 3rd for endo. My doctor said it was just a mild case. But Here it is August and Im still having Really bad Pain. I was wondering if me and my boyfriend would decide to have kids one day would it be best to go ahead and try now. I was also wondering if it would help with the Severe Pain.

Hi everyone,

I just got the news from my doc that I may have endo and am getting tested next month. For those of you who are afraid of doing things "backwards," I just thought I'd share a story of girl I met during jury duty! She was about 40 and was a Nurse Practitioner. She told us about her story a little bit while we were waiting and it was truly amazing to me! She had two kids, one at 20 and one at 22, then she traveled the world with her bf and two kids. They lived all over the place, including Paris, Italy, and Australia! I'm not too sure how she got the money to do that, but I'm just assuming a lot of hard work and doing jobs that didn't require a college education. Once she turned 30 she got married (to the father of her children) and then went to college to get a BSN in nursing!! (And that's not easy!! I'm trying to do this myself at the moment!) any whoo, she is a very nice, happy, successful person. She proves that you can do everything backwards and still have a very happy life! She says she doesn't regret a thing :) I am 20 and plan on freezing my eggs if it is necessary, but if worse come to worse, I will definitely put my career on hold and have a baby. Best of luck to you girls

Hi my name is Hope and I would like to share y story with you if you can can you please contact me