Here is my story.

At the age of 18 I had a healthy baby boy. So, obviously I can have childrean. However, I was a single mother for 8.5 years without trying to get pregnant, and have recently gotten married. My husband and I tried to get pregnant since the day we got married.

In November, 6 Months into our marriage, they found a cyst on my right ovary. The doctor suggested surgery to remove it due to all the pain I was having.

On January 4th of this year I had surgery. The doctor found a "chocolate cyst", and realized that the Endometriosis had taken over my right fillopion tube as well. More or less my right side didn't and will never function.

So, I have one functioning ovary and one usable fillopion tube. The doctor stated that even with one ovary my chances of getting pregnant as the same as if I had two.

I am worried about being able to have children. Has anyone experienced something similar, or are there any encouraging words from others who have endometriosis?

i also have one ovary since i was 6 yrs old, but mine's worse than yours. coz i was diagnosed with endo recently and had surgery 3 mos ago. still trying to get pregnant but it's no luck.

You have EVERY CHANCE OF GETTING PREGNANT!!!!!

I had my first child at 17. After that, between cysts, endometriosis, thickening of the wall of my uterus, I was told I probably couldn't have children without "help" from fertility drugs.

Now, over 10 years later, I'm FINALLY pregnant! All this YEARS after I had given up any hope of having more children without a series of shots, pills, implants etc.

Stay calm! This is more important than anything else anyone can tell you! Stress reduces the likelyhood of a fertilized egg to remain implanted. Resulting in spontaneous "abortion" (miscarriage). Most women never know they even miscarried since it not typically painful or "noticeable" since it is SO soon after conception.

Watch your diet - try to eat as healthy as possible. Take prenatal vitamins - yes before you get pregnant. EXERCISE!!! I FULLY Credit exercise and vitamins for my pregnancy ! As I said, I had GIVEN UP! I started walking 3 miles daily and taking a series of vitamins to "tone-up" and WHAM got pregnant that next month! I was more shocked than words can explain.

Keep your chin up and your stress down. Love your Baby Boy!!! Laughter is always the best medicine. Being happy relaxes your body and allows it more readily to become pregnant.

Good luck! Stay strong!

ok so ive been diagnosed with endometriosis about 9 months ago . i had it for 3 years and was missed diagnosed first they thought it was a hernia then they thought it was a neuroma but it was not. i was havin sever pain when i did any activity . coughed laughed sneezed anything . i had several miscarriages . then i got pregnant with my son they said my right sid was pretty much out of order so i musta released an egg from my left sid e though my preg i had no problems with it at all the mass i had called a chocolate cyst was shrinking due to my hormones . but now that my son is 3 months its come back agin n getting bigger and more sore by the day im going in for surgery to have it removed . but u can still get pregnant cuz i sure did u just gotta keep trying i know its alot to handle but in the end if u want to have a child its worth it so dont worry ull be able to conceive im sure of it or else i woulda never had my son if ya couldnt .

I don't mean to scare you but I am going through the same exact situation I have been trying to get pregnant for the last year and a half after my surgery no luck so far but we can't give up so good luck to you and I wish you and your husband the best!

I have a son 10 years old. 3 years ago I had horrible pains in my back that had me in tears daily. Doctors misdiagnosed me and i daelt with the pain for a year. During a yearly pelvic exam the doctor discovered my uterus was abnormally large. Turned out to be a massive cyst from endometriosis. within 2 weeks from that day i was in surgery having this huge cyst that had engulfed both my ovary and my tube on the left side. I was told to try to get pregnant as soon as possible and there were no guarantees. I got 3 months after surgery. unfortunately this pregnancy was lost around 10 weeks. I waited another 3 months and got pregnant again. I have a healthy 14 month old baby girl. I do want to have another baby and i hope my other ovary can still make this happen. the more time goes by the lesser the chances. think positive and finding out when u ovulate is key. Best of luck!!