My nephew is 14 years old and I suspect that he is a secret drinker. He has fallen in with the wrong crowd, and I have seen some of them drinking beer in front of walmart. I approached him about the whole thing, but he refused to talk about it. Do you think I should have a serious talk with his mom about this? Would you personally consider therapy for underage drinking of teenagers? Because I was thinking of suggesting this to my sister.

I would definitely think some therapy is in order in this case. If he gets caught, he will likely be sent to jail or at least get into big trouble with the police. Who knows what else is going on with your nephew! These days, kids do so many things that we would never have done in our day, and the world has changed so much. Please talk to his mother as soon as you can, because this can not go on!

Thank you for your quick response. I can't imagine that he could get sent to prison just for drinking? I know it is illegal, but surely it is not a criminal offense? I will be calling my sister this evening and I will suggest we go for a coffee somewhere, to talk about the issue. Do you know more about types of therapy available?

Just because he drank doesn't mean he needs therapy.. maybe just a firm talking to. Sheesh