In all reasoning that i have been doing i do not see a reason to keep marijuana illegal.
please tell me why it shouldn't be legalized. i would love to see a good explanation for marijuana being illegal.

the government placing taxes and regulations on it, and the fact that their would still be a black market on other drugs.

Legalize it.

I dont think marijuana should be legalized because nothing would get done imagine everyone stoned. grocery store clerks, pharmacists, doctors,surgeons, secretaries would never do paperwork. the world would be in cahoots. but i also think that th laws should be different like only smoking in home or not in the public or only small amounts. but not legalized.

I don't agree with this. Alcohol is readily available, as are other drugs, and everyone is not always drunk or high as it is. If Marijuana were legalized, it would be regulated, and it would be easier to get. It could be sold at pharmacies, or at specially licensed stores, such as the LCBO in Ontario, Canada. The governments themselves would make money from the taxes, as they do with cigarettes.

And I think you mean decriminalized then... Canada initiated a decriminalization of marijuana in the summer of '05, I think.

Not only this, a great portion of criminals in prison are there for non-violent offences, such as minor possession many times. This would clear up the prisons and jails, as well as free up time for the police on duty, and save money in the criminal justice system from not holding onto the "criminals". If marijuana possession were to be deemed legal, there would be a lot of mostly innocent people let out of jail. There would also be a lot of criminal records wiped clean. This will improve the workforce population.

Think logically. Marijuana is mala prohibita (bad because it is prohibited) and not mala en se (bad in itself). There are many factors that everyone overlooks. Yes, you may be able to smoke pot more readily, but you will actually be doing a lot more for your country than you think.

marijuana should not be legalized because people would come to school high ass a bird, or people will come to work high so the government should not legalize weed

I feel that marijuana should not be legalized. It would become more readily accessible and you must consider the consequences of this. Firstly,there would be the effects of a nation that is high. People would be driving down the road high as a kite. Would you want to be driving next to someone so baked that they were not in control of their motor functions? Also smoking marijuana has side effects that your pothead friends don't tell you about. There have been studies that show that prolonged use of marijuana can lead to decreased brain function.

one kids come to school high every day two you can put age limit on buying it and even if kids buy it underage who cares the gov. still going to get there money and it being illegal just means normal people are going to sell it to kids... they've been doing it for years and years

i just wish more people thought like you... your my hero... swear