What is there to know about teenagers and drinking issues? Does your teenager have a problem like this? Thank God, my kid is ok, but I know that some of the kids in his school take alcohol and I am not sure if I should talk to him about this, or should I just leave it aside and just watch him?

Hmm, if he is not showing any of the signs that he uses alcohol, I assume that there is no need for some kind of intervention. But, you should bring up this topic, in some casual conversation, to see his reaction. You should explain how badly for his health would be to start drinking and not only that, his social status might also might be damaged for good.

So, maybe I am not the best mom ever, maybe I won't get this title or a crown, but I know what I did and I know what I would tell you if you ask me how to deal with teenagers who are like this. Well, I saw this the same as my daughter when she was 15.  I am very young, I got her when I was 16, so let's say that I am pretty much young as well. So, I have noticed that she is having this thing for alcohol so I took her once in front of me and I told her that we are going to drink this night. I could see in her eyes that she was thrilled, but she didn't know that I am much smarter than she is. Of course, after three cups of the red wine, she was out of the game. Next morning, she had this hangover and she was really bad. She is not drinking alcohol after this. I know that this is not a solution, but I have remembered that I did this to my mom as well. 

Well, thing about teenagers that drink, they mostly do it in groups, and it just might be that drinking is a cool thing for them to do. This false heroism might be the only refuge for those teenagers that have some family issues or cannot deal with other problems in their lives. And unfortunately, there are kids who are simply willing to try everything and are easily influenced, even manipulated by their friends.

That is always a problem with kids. If your kid is in a group of friends, there is always someone who is a leader and usually the rest of the group follows him and repeats his behavioral pattern. So, sometimes that behavior is ok, but sometimes, not quite what we expect from a teenager. But, start with conversation, which is a good way to see what your kid thinks about drinking and alcohol.