I keep getting these painful, tight feeling, swollen pimples that occur on the edge of my lip. I don't think it is Herpes because I have never had intimate contact with anyone. What could these be?

i got the same thing

So what was the reason for those?

Facial pimples are the worst to get. Getting a pimple on lip or pimple on eyelid is noticeable by everyone. Fortunately, there are effective treatments that will eliminate facial pimples. Pimple on the lip is due to just pure bad hygiene.

So how do you get rid of the pimple on the lip? I have the same thing now...so this post is useless unless someone tells me how to treat the pimple. it started looking like a cold sore, but i put ice on it within the first 4 hours of getting it, and then overnight, it looks like a pimple because it turned to a whitehead...and it hurts, not itches, or burns, but hurts...SO how can i treat this.

i actually have this, but i use facial soap every single day some times twice because of my pimples, so i don't think its from pure hygiene

I have the same thing right now and it's driving me crazy! It's not from bad hygeine, I religiously wash my face and moisturize, I take very good care of my skin. I popped mine and it DID NOT help! Now it's just more sore and even redder!! It is SO unnatractive and I know that it's silly but I'm worried because I'm afraid people might think it's herpes (which its obviously not because you can't pop a herpes sore). My advice would be, NOT to pop it because it just made things worse for me. As for what will actually help, I would say keep it clean (don't scrub/run it, that will make things worse) and I've heard that a dab of toothpaste overnight can really help dry it out.

I get these from time to time (I actually have one now). They seem to be brought on by shaving (at least for me) but I just had my upper lip waxed recently and I don't think I've shaved it and one just popped up. So now I don't know what to think.

It's always in the same place and it drives me crazy! I feel soooo self conscious and even if I pop it the next day it's back and it'll stay for like a week and a half! Someone help!

I had one of those pretty recently. I also use facial cleaning products daily, but i still sometimes get pimples here and there. i think they are pretty normal, with mine, it hurt so bad on the first day that i just popped it and then it was gone. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Oh no! these are so terrible! I woke up and mine was there! It's a bit swollen and it hurts so bad. Not fun! i think i'll ice it hopefully that helps. .

i have a massive pimple on my upper lip, it is soo embarrassing and it has been there for over a week now..
im so self conscious over it i hav started to talk with my hand over my mouth..
i am very hygienically clean and being dirty is not the reason why i would hav it. as i wash my face daily.
i just picked it with a pin, got as much puss out as i could and then i washed it and put pimple cream on it.. it has gone down a little bit but its still red and a small lump.
it will hopefully go away within the next 2 days.
i use clean and clear.. that helps prevent my pimples, its really good, and i havnt had a pimple for about a month until this one.
hope that helped someone :-)

Arginine supplements seem to cause mine. It sux, cus i like the supps, but cant have anyone thyinking I have herpes. Don't know how to get rid of them. Has anyone had any luck?

I have the same thing now. It hurts like hell! Just ice it and let it go down by itself, Alittle toothpaste @ NIGHT WILL HELP. I get them on a regular bases and dont have HERPES! and by the way its not from poor HYGIENE!!

I don't know if this is the same thing but I got this really painful tiny bump on the very edge of my lip it's a single red bump but it hurts when I ran my tongue over it and I was looking At it and I pushed and all that came out was clear fluid but I don't think it's herpes cause I've gotten the blood test taken to test for the bodies anti bodies against herpes and I don't have either strand nor have I kissed anyone with herpes....this zit is so tiny I litterally had to pull my skin tight and lean real close to the mirror I have a theroy that it just wasn't ready to be popped yet and that's y only fluid came out....has anyone ever had that before??? I mean if it was herpes I think it would hurt more and be clusters of bumps not just one single bump right? Please help! I put toothpaste on it to see if it helps

It is from the sls sulfates. They are in shampoo and toothpaste it is probally an allergic reaction. Switch to Jason organic toothpaste