It is so wierd to hear all of this. I have gone on and off zoloft for the past four years. I take it maybe once or twice a year for up to three or four months tops. Usually when I stop it is because I simply forget to take it because I no longer need it, and before I know it it has been four or five days and I feel fine. The last time I took it I tapered off because I was still feeling the depression, but was falling behind in school, because I no longer cared. I don't like the loss of libido, the not caring about anything, or the not feeling like myself. When school ended I started taking it again. One day I intentionally skipped a dose so that I might be able to orgasm during sex with my ex-girlfriend. I then missed the second days dose because i didn't make it home before I had to go to work. At work I started getting a wierd feeling in my legs. My heart beat went up, and my mind was completely flustered. I felt like I was going to freak out mentally. My co-worker gave me a big time realeased zanex, and that made me feel normal again. I am now getting out of my depression, but have no libido, and dont care about anything anymore. I am going to take it for maybe another month to make sure I am out of the depression, and then taper off. If I get depressed again I will try another medication. Every time I start zoloft again it does not seem to do as good a job as the last time I took it. Maybe I am building a tolerance or something, I do not know I am not a doctor, just a student. Hope this was helpful to someone.

Okay, so last week my doctor diagnosed me with bipolar disorder. This is after I had been on Zoloft for a year after the birth of my daughter, for post pardum depression. So, I was supposed to wean myself off the Zoloft and start taking lithium. Slowly comming off Zoloft was no different than if I just missed a couple of days, so I just stopped. Why prolong the disgusting side effects?
I don't understand how to get through this. I feel like I'm standing outside of my body watching myself. Not like psychotic... just,. that is the only way that I can explain it. I'm nautious, sweating, dizzy, my vision blurs when I move too fast... I have a 1 year old to take care of, and it's proving to be quite challenging while comming off of this medication. Does anyone have any suggestions, besides taking the Zoloft again? I would really appriciate any advice.

I was on Zoloft for 3 years for anxiety and panic attacks. During my time on this drug I started meditating every morning until I worked up the courage to stop taking it. I quit cold turkey and didn't have a single side effect from the withdrawal. Zoloft was the best thing for my anxiety and a piece of cake to come off. If I ever have any anxiety problems occur again, I will be straight back on it.

Hi wbrumbalow, Ive experienced the same symptoms you did. I stopped cold turkey (100mg) 9 days ago, and the brain jolts are only getting worse, thanks for the information of eye moving, I just realized the jolts get worse when i move my eyes around, now i try to keep my eyes still :S 

I feel ok, a lot of energy during the day, a little bit hyper though, Ive been speaking really fast, no nightmares at all, but for the first time in many years I am able to remember my dreams, its nice being able to dream again.

My teeth and neck feel sore, i feel a little bit dizzy, and cold sometimes, sometimes hot, its weird.

I took this med for 8 months, it really helped me, so I dont regret taking it on first place, but the withdrawal is driving me nuts, this brain jolts are real torture, please help me! how long do they last?

regards

Lordode

I too am trying to get off Zoloft. I did the tapering with my last prescription but a month later I am still feeling like I am disconnected to life in general . I have a lightning bold effect going on in my head with sweating and feeling like I can cry at any time. I am having trouble typing this out as we speak. I cant find the keys I want to press and its taking me twice as long to type. I seem to want to argue with anyone who wants to talk to me and I am constantly apologizing for myself. I am a hair puller and thats why I started Zoloft under my doctors recommendation, but the side effects have been worse then the hair pulling. I don't recommend this drug to anyone.

I have been taking Zoloft only for 2 days now, but i feel extremely sick - nausea, sweating, haziness, awful head-ache. But on the other hand - no problem with my depression anymore, cause i feel like i'm numb.

You must NOT stop taking Zoloft, or any other SRI abruptly. Unless of course you enjoy being completely lacking all funcionality. You must ween yourself off, dropping 25mg at a time if you do not want to experience these side effects. It is that simple. And try to remember that being "drugged" isn't necesserily a terrible thing if it helps you to function in everyday life and socialise. I am a 21 year old female and have been on Zoloft for two months.. I am not yet at my full dose (150) so cannot yet comment properly on its effectiveness. I used to take Effexor (150) and it was great, however, being so young, I learnt the hard way that 1. I NEED this medication. And 2. Stop taking it for two days and one will feel like they are going to die. Good luck to all.

Jade

I am a young female who has battled depression in her teens. I think it was mostly situational depression and not getting along with my family. I took many different antidepressants, hell, they even thought I was bipolar, and they did NOTHING for me... because I wasn't actually sick or had an imbalance.

Forward 5 years and I am experiencing anxiety. Can't sleep. Pace all day, can't think but can't stop by head from racing with useless thoughts either, feel sick every day. They couldn't find out what's wrong with me, and I found out when I started taking a medication for anxiety and it went away.

A close family member recently committed suicide and that completely set me off. This was when I needed to get anxiety medication because I thought I was going to freak out on someone, or I was going to check myself in a hospital because I felt that crazy.

Recently, a couple months after that, I saw a doctor and he said I am depressed. I used to take zoloft way back, but don't recall it working or not working because there was nothing for it to work for. If I remember anything, I remember feeling "numb" when I took any of those. I've started taking it even though I dont want to take antidepressants, but I told myself I'd give it a try. So far it's making me sick and restless. Not restless where I'm running a marathon, but I can't sleep at night and it seems like I could stay up all night like a zombie.

I will take it for another day or 2 but if this persists I'm going to stop. The nausea is UNBEARABLE, especially when you lie in bed, unable to sleep, and your stomach (and everything you ate) seems to sit in your throat waiting for you to gag.

hey all i am looking for some sort of advice i just started zoloft 3 days ago and decided to stop, i am so sick from it, i feel like im going to throw up,im dizzy,tired,bad headaches,really out of it, shaking,very nervous for no reason,sweating and chills,diarhea,and my legs and eyes keep twitching, this is all unbearable, and im afraid to go on anything else now, but im so depressed, and i feel like i have no hope because nothing is working :-(

those are really very dangerous side effects. did your doctor prescribed zoloft to you? anyway, you should immediately consult a doctor! i'm sure he or she will surely find the way out of your depression.

I was on Zoloft for about one year to treat severe anxiety attacks. I decided to stop taking it because I felt fine, I hadnt had any attacks and was feeling that it was pointless to take it. I stop without consulting my physicians first and this worries my husband. The only side effects I have had are hot flashes, very slight mood swings and my menstual cycle has been a little abnormal. I was just wondering if this is safe. I do not want to take it anymore and I feel happy and still have nothad an episode after two weeks without it. I wouls appreciate and input or advise ...

I stopped taking zoloft a week ago after taking 50mg daily for about two years. I realized soon after I stopped, that I should have tapered off because I experienced bad side effects. The first day or two I was fine, but days 3-6 I felt very dizzy, hot, nauseous and tired. I'm still experiencing some dizziness in spells and it hurts to move my eyes around too much, but overall, I feel a lot better.
The lesson? It might be better to taper off.

i had been on it for only two days and became a nervous wreck, impulsive, shaking, so dizzy and confused and even more depressed. yesterday i decided to not take it (it would have been day 3) and i felt "normal" again. today, i felt better too but just a few hours ago i started getting very strong tension in my head and am feeling very confused. i know my body and its scary to say that i think this drug already had an effect on me...a negative one. i hope these "withdrawal" side effects don't last long, considering i was only on it for two days. anyone?

i have been on zoloft (lustral if that matters) for two years peaking at 100 mg per day for about a year in the middle phase. my shrink did not warn me about the withdrawal effects, and i learned it the hard way. for me every time i made dosage changes it was messy. in general the effects would start a short while after i made the change (couple days) and last for many weeks. after experiences with the dosage change phase, i realized (at least for me) tapering is the way to go. try to make the dosage changes as smooth as possible and the coming off process as gradual as possible. i have been off of it completely for about two weeks. it helped me through hard times but happy to get it off my back (the 30 pounds i gained are still with me though :-).

Hi Whenever I miss a few a few doses of zoloft, my stomach feels kind of nauseous and i lose my appetite for awhile. Even If I try smoking pot or something I'm still never hungry. But When I first started Zoloft, my hunger was out of control. I would yawn in the middle of the day and feel that yawn transcend into hunger. However, my sex drive is back. Anyone ever feel similar?