my son and i went to the park today... he was fine this morning but on the way home i noticed he was burning up bad so i stripped him down to his diaper and carried him home since it was right down the road. i thought he may have just been hot from being outside but we were only out for maybe an hour. we got home and he drank 3 cups of water which he usually dont drink he took his diaper off and fell asleep for about 2 hours. i normally dont let him sleep naked but he was so hot i just put a towel under him n left him be. i took his temp when he woke up cuz he was still burning up and it was 103.6 i gave him tylonol and wait 30 min took it again and it hadnt changed so i gave him motrin to. it has gone down to 100 but is going back up and it hasnt even been hardly 3 hours since i gave the meds to him. his cough is getting nastier as well. he usually has a cough from all his snot from allergies but its starting to sound real wet n nasty. should i take him to the hospital?

You don't mention his age, but assuming that he's under three, any fever that approachs 104 is very serious.

I'd error on the side of caution with this one.  Many people are saying there's a cold or flu bug going around.

I agree with your dosing with motrin but I'd get a doctor's prescription involved to fight this now.  And stock up on the motrin, fever reducer/ cough medicine this week as well.

Good luck.

Let's here from some others as well...  Parents?  Medical people?

How old is your son?  The fever is responding and he is drinking.  Is he urinating?  
It is more likely that it is an infection than an allergy since he is spiking a fever. 

Based on your description of the "wet n nasty" cough, get him checked.  You'll both sleep easier tonight.

Keep us posted, good luck. 

he will be 2 in august. i called his doctor he told me to give him another dose of the motrin and wait 30 min if it hadnt gone below 102 i needed to take him to emergency room. needless to say i spent 4 hours in a waiting room for them to tell me he has puss behing his right ear drum and some sort of viral infection that should pass within a week. didnt help me much they gave him one of the same antibiotics he has been getting atleast once a month since he was 6 moths old because he is allergic to pennicillin.

but the er visit itself was the worst. i have been taking his temp rectal because he moves a lot and it messed the thermometor up. i live less than 10 min from the hospital i took his temp a few min before i left and it was 103.9 as soon as i got to the hospital they listened to him and took his temp again... well he isnt one to get hot wen he has a fever so since he wasnt hot and the forehead thermometer said 101 plus his breathing wasnt to bad from his breathing treatment he got before we left they left us waiting in the waiting room. we waited long enough for him to get hungry so we went got food ate came back and i noticed his ears red so i kept asking to take his temp again they did it only said 102. i found a nurse and made her do it rectal. just from a few hours of waiting it went up to 105.7... after she saw his temp it didnt even take 2 min for us to go back n see the doc! i hate hospitals!!