My husband recently had surgery for an inguinal hernia which he is recovering from and seems to have caught a bug. He is aching all over and needs to urinate frequently but with not much there. He has rested for most of the afternoon and has been drink some fluids. He had chicken noodle soup for dinner and I gave him some nurofen plus to help the pain and soreness. He now has cold shivers and his temperature is 36.6 degrees celcius. No rash appears. He had viral meningitis when he was young (16 yrs old) he is now 56.

Should I be concerned or wait it out for the next twelve hours?

Michelle
********
Darwin Australia

**edited by moderator**emails not allowed**

He may have a slight urinary tract infection.

If his surgery was within the past few weeks you should call the surgeon and arrange a follow up if necessary.

Thankyou that was helpful. I feel he has a virus as the following night he was hot but his actual temp was only 34.7. He is a lot better today and if symptoms persist I will make a doctors appointment for him tomorrow. Thanks for you input.

Cheers

Michelle
Darwin