Hello, my daughter is 2 months old. I took her in yesterday to have her first shots and the Dr. wanted to give her the DTP shot and I told him no because the other family members have the whooping cough shot because it can cause seizures especially when it runs in the family. Does anyone know anything more about the whooping cough shot?

I have a baby too and when I took him in for his 2 month shots he had a horrible reaction. She cried uncontrollably for hours, but the next day he was fine, but at 4 months I took him in for another dose of shots and was really concerned about his reaction. It turned out that he did not want to giver him whooping cough shot, the P (pertusis) in the DTP just the DT. So, we decided it would be better to not give the vaccine. Apparently this particular whooping cough shot seems to cause bad reactions in many children.