I have had a cold for the past ten days, no fever. I went to the doctor who gave me some medication to help with the symptoms.

(1) Bisolvan syrup for the cough and disolve the yellow mucus taken 3 X a day.
(2) Comptrex 2 pills twice a day. What is annoying and I cannot seem to get rid of is the cough.

During the day I cough but not as much as the evening starting 9pm till I go to bed and even then I cough for about half to one hour.
The cough comes from feeling a little mucus ball stuck in the back of my throat and whenever I open my mouth to cough and air comes in it irritates the throat therefor coughing more to the point were I hear it deep in my chest (not a lot and none during the day).

The doctor said to also gargle with cammomile, drink liquids to keep the throat moist which will help dillute the mucus.

I have followed through with all his instructions and medication and the cough does not seem to get less.

Do I just let time cure it and not worry or do I need to do something else?

Please help.

Bisolvan syrup always helped me when I needed a dry cough treatment. It was always effective and I think that I would not change it at all. But I have to agree that there is nothing worse than a dry cough at night. Here is also one natural cure that you might find helpful. When I don't have a syrup, it helped me a lot. You should drink honey and lemon before you go to sleep.  For example, you should take a cup of hot water with a slice of lemon and a teaspoon of honey and drink it. his can fight against irritations. The sticky honey can also leave a protective layer on the back of your throat.