I am just reaching 11 weeks post rotator cuff repair. Had full supraspinatus tear with 2 anchors, bursa removal, bone spur removed, and fraying ligament and labrum debrided. I have been a model patient, following all the rules, doing all of the exercises. Going crazy with the continuous pain I am having. I worry some times that this will never get better and have cried millions of tears of frustration. I am able to handle some very light housework and cooking that doesn't involve lifting or a lot of cutting. Both my PT and surgeon say that my progress is slow but still within normal. I need to take a couple of pain pills daily just to get through my exercises (doc actually said he wants me to continue them so I can get the most of my exercises, which is a priority now). I go in to work once a week or so to my very part time job, and can only handle a couple hours at a desk even though I try to do most typing with my good hand and use the mouse on my lap as much as possible. My primary job is housecleaning, and I wonder how long till I will be able to work effectively. Range of motion stinks, I am making progress, just VERY slowly. Surgeon said that many people really start to feel a lot of improvement right at about 12 weeks, and if I am still having a lot of pain he would like to give me a cortisone injection at my 12 week follow up visit. Anyone with similar experience?

Just seen your post. I am 11 weeks post surgery and exactly like you were at 11 weeks. Live to know if you are better and when it improved?

Sorry to hear this. I am 11 weeks post op today and I have no pain at all and haven’t taken my meds since 5 days after the surgery. I am fanatic about my pt, they gave me a pulley for home use and I now have bands also. It takes me about an hour to do the exercises but I do them. I hope your pain gets better soon.

I am post 11 weeks today and still have a lot of pain. PT is still ruff and also the exercise at home. I am glad I am not all one and can't wait for the day without pain.