WOW, I was so glad to find this site and read how others are coping from this surgery and know I am not alone. It was comforting to read that others are experiencing the same thing and I am normal. I had a thick tear in the rotator cuff involving the supraspinatus tendon with partial thickness tearing of the infraspinatus and subscapularis tendon. They also removed some bone spurs. I am 9 weeks post surgery and still have alot of pain in my shoulder and across the back in the neck area. I sleep for about 2 hours and then have to move out into the livingroom. I am a side sleeper and so it is so hard to sleep on my back. I think I would feel better during the day if I could get a good nights sleep. I am still sleeping in the sling per my ortho doctor, so when I wake up I am stiff and have to get it moving. I am starting my 6th week of PT and that is still extremely painful. I totally feel like my arm is going to brake off. My therapist keeps telling me to relax, but HOW when it hurts so bad. I totally hate the days when I go to therapy which is 3 times a week. I know it is to get me better, but the pain is excrutiating and I do have a high tolerance of pain. I like how one author said it was worst than child birth. I can second that!! I thought that was the worst pain ever. I think my biggest fear is learning how to exercise it and use it while the healing process is going on without re-injuring it. The reviews helped me to understand that the pain is normal for this type of surgery whether I like it or not and I am not hurting it trying to go through the recovery. I have been battling depression from this and very emotional. I just want to get my life back to normal and do the things I use to go.

I am wondering how you are doing now? I,m 8 weekspost op and the pain is increasing. Not much pain 1st month, even during PT, which was very passive. However after feeling a "pop" during exercising a home, pain has becomed worst than pre-op, and very similiar. Doctor has secuded an MRI for Tuesday to rule out a retear. I hope the increased pain is common and not a retear.

I know I will need surgery rotator cuff surgery I'm terried, I keep hearing how painfull it is,after ready reading your what you went through I going to hang in. Afer all had knee surgery twice, OMG it hurt.