I had rotator cuff surgery almost 5 months ago and am still having pain in my shoulder, wrist, and continuous swelling in my hand.  It would be nice if any of you who have posted questions here about pain after their surgery would repost and give an update on how things are going after a year or so. It just seems that most people are only posting once and don't seem to be updating on their success of failure to have complete recovery after a year or more. It would be encouraging to hear some success stories.

I have had rotator cuff surgery about 10 weeks ago and it feels as if I never did get the surgery. Very painful and can't sleep. I have received 3 shots that don't seem to help at all. I haven't been back to work yet. Was supposed to go back tomorrow, but don't think I can. How long did it take any of you to go back to work?

I had rc surgery 4 mos ago only to have frozen shoulder and constant neck pain. I haven't seen updates from people either on their status 6 mos to a year after. An MRI after two mos showed I had bursitis, tendonitis, and a slap 2 tear which my surgeon disagrees with. He says he removed the area that the MRI showss a slap tear and that it would be scar tissue, etc. I'm only heavy meds, seeing a chiropractor 3 x's a week and in constant pain. Very depressing and leaves me quite anxious with all the symptoms and the MRI dispute.

I am 5 months post open rotator cuff surgery , supra signature large tear . I must say it gets better ! Do your exercises faithfully !! I am sleeping all nite , using topical pain relief & ibuprofen for pain. Good luck !!

5 months was the turning point.  I wore a tens type device with patches around the clock for 1month.  It stimulates the muscles and was the best therapy to unfreeze my shoulder.