Hi i am 14 years old and about 3 years ago a scab appeared on my left nipple. I thought, no biggie, so i put a band-aid on it. It started to hurt and i never told anyone about it. It went away about a week later. Some time later, it came back, but this time, it left a mark. Now, in the place of the scab is a cone shaped flab of skin sicking out. It doesn't hurt and i can feel it when i touch it so i'm guessing theres nerves in it. It has never given me problems, other than me being afraid of it and scared about what it is. The only other problems i have with my breasts are puss and a few lumps. I was told that it is natural for teens to have puss when you squeeze it, and that if lumps could move around they were not cancerous. I'm very afraid and have not seen a doctor because a, i'm embarrassed, and b, its not going to happen even if i try there is no way my mom would get off her butt and take me to the hospital unless i'm bleeding...
Anyone else have this problem??
Please help...

Hi. I do not want to scare you but please try to get to a doctor. I have had so many issues with my nipples and breast and have alot of women in my family who have had breast cancer. Please do whatever you can to get to a doc! Keep me posted and good luck with everything!

okay i'm a teenage girl and puss is NOT normal. see a doctor.

I have the same thing, and i'm going to go see the doctor, im 14 as well, it hurts a lot for me, i'm freaked out about wat it is too, and i wnet 2 the doctors the first time i spotted it and the doctor sed it was nothing but now it juz keeps on hurting, i suggest you get it checke dout like i am going to

I am also fourteen but like i just get a scab on the top of mine.
Its really weird and embarassing but i never tol my mom or a doctor or
anything like that. Idk just wait nd see what happens within a couple months and if nothing then idk? Yourr choicccccce.

I am 13, but I also have a scab on my nipple. I just noticed it yesterday, and I don't want it to be some sort of disease or something. I am planning to talk to my mom about it today. If I were you, I would let your mom know, or maybe some other adult you are close to. It could be something serious, or something harmless. Good Luck! ;-)

hey im 15 and i have had this problem as well...for a year now....i havnt talked to a doctor either for your same reasons....but i the tip of my nipple is yellow on both of my nipples. i have tried to find people with this problem but it says you get it after breast feeding...i know im not pregnant... im still a virgin, so i cant be possible breastfeeding a child....my nipple is hot and it ususally itches can someone help me as well! please i beg of you.

If there is ANY irregularity on your breast, it is not nothing, IT IS SOMETHING. Right?
If your parents are not tuned in to your concern and for what ever reason is not able to get you to a doctor,
talk to a counselor and/or nurse at school.
They may be able to help you set up an appointment.
If not, ask them to talk to your parent(s) about getting you to a doctor.

Another issue may be the lack of crazy cost of health insurance.
The counselor and/or nurse should be able to get you a form that
lets you apply for health care insurance (FREE TO KIDS UNDER 18) in your state.

You deserve health care no matter where you are in the United States. Practice being
proactive in taking care of your precious bodies. You are going to need it for the
rest of your lives young ladies. In the interim, you may be helping your parents too.
They are humans, none perfect and may need your youthful, sharp minds to help in this area.

For that matter, encourage parents to vote for the people who will take care of
citizens in your state. The ones who will or did vote for Health Care Reform.

Plan For Reform Facts:
~If you have health insurance through your employer and you like your plan, you can keep it.
~If you're a small business owner, you'll receive new tax credits that make it easier for you to provide coverage for employees if you choose to do so.
~If you have Medicare, the President's plan guarantees that your benefits will not be cut, and the Medicare Trust Fund will be extended for more than 9 years.
~If you're uninsured, you could receive a tax credit to help pay for coverage if needed -- part of the largest middle class tax cut for health care in history.
~If you buy your own insurance, there will be new protections from insurance company abuses, and tax credits will make coverage more affordable.

~You will never be denied coverage because of pre-existing conditions.
~You will never again be hit with arbitrary health insurance premium hikes.

IF NO REFORM?:
~Up to 17 million more people will be uninsured by 2019.
~Insurers can continue their massive and arbitrary premium rate increases -- such as Anthem ~Blue Cross raising rates for customers in California by nearly 40%, and rates in Illinois going up by as much as 60%.
~As many as 275,000 people could die prematurely over the next 10 years because they don't have health insurance.
~The average family's health care costs will nearly double by 2020, from $13,000 to $24,000.

BEST ADVICE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well ladies i am now 25 yrs old and i have had this problem since my early teens. I was scared just like you poor girls and trust me there is nothing to be afraid of. It took me awhile to talk to a doctor but i am so glad i did. It was no big deal and easy to fix... i wish i had known sooner so take this advice and hopefully get some relief. The problem and the answer are simple. Unfortunately you have severe dry nipple skin which is very common among women and rarely talked about. The best was to ease the pain and heal the scabs are keeping your skin hydrated. I personally use olay skin products, quench seems to work the best. I use the quench body wash, quench in-shower body lotion, and quench body lotion, then after that process I use vaseline applied directly to my nipples, followed by a 100% cotton bra this allows your skin to breathe and gives your breast comfort. I am not a doctor but i know several women besides myself with this issue and we all love the speed in which we see results with the olay quench regimen not only do you lose the nipple scabs but you also gain soft, hydrated, healthy, beautiful skin. This is a lifestyle though, so know that if you stop using the olay and vaseline o a daily basis the scabs will return! Good luck ladies! I can't wait to hear your results!

Me too . im going to see a doctor tomorrow to get it checked and im only 12 .

I do im starting to get them on my breast but just my left boob

Hey. I'm 15 years old. When I was about 13 my greats,obviously, started to grow. They would get itchy and uncomfortable. When I got around 14 my nipples would sometimes look funny and itch really bad. They also started peeling. And I got scabs too. They stopped doing that now. I never saw a doctor or told anyone because I was so uncomfortable. Their's no need to freak out.! Greats grow at their own pace differently for everyone!:) I do suggest you see a doctor and tell your mom though no matter how uncomfortable. You never know, it could be a very serious situation, I just wanted to let all the young ladies out there know it's okay to feel uncomfortable through those awfully awkward stages. I'm still going through stages myself. Every girl grows at their own pace.:) it gets better, promise! Email me if you guys want to talk to me about this kind of stuff! Or anything else! _[removed]_ Alrighty well good luck with everything!<3

Actually ... if it's clear it is normal in the process of teenage development. As long as it's not all the time, it is one of the normal things that happens.

Im a 9 year old and i got it to i told my mom and she said she had it too,after a couple of day i started peeling i off i never told my mom about it but i had a feeling its bad

Hey, I'm also 15. About a year ago every once in awhile my nipples would burn really bad. A couple days after the burning would stop I'd get a scab. It scared be but I didn't talk to my mom about it because I was embarrassed. Just a couple of days ago my right nipple burned again and I got up the nerve to tell my mom. She said we'll see how it feels the next day, but it might just be irritated. So the next it was soar when I touched it, but other than that, it was gone. But today I was in the shower and I noticed another scab. I'm too scared to tell my mom. And I'm also really embarrassed.