Well yesterday my nipple was hurting, by that night i felt
a hard lump under my nipple, and its sore and going a little bt
red and swollen, i am scared to go into the doctors, but im even
more scared it could be cancer!!!Pleasee Helpp!!!!

FUsually around your period which you may or may not of exp. yet usually your nipples get a little sore. And the bump could be a number of things. could just be breast tissue or something under devloped. Your over reacting.

It's probably what the doctors thought was wrong with me, an infected gland. If you go to the doctor, they may prescribe you a type of pennicillan to treat it. My lump was right under my nipple area, about 4cm, and was painful for about 3 days. It felt like a marble.

The medicine they gave me for it, didn't get rid of my lump, so now the doctors think it's a cyst. Again, not life threatening. I am having an ultrasound in two weeks to rule out anything more serious.

this is exactly what is wrong with me. im 15 also. the lump is right above my nipple.really close to it. im so scared it could be a cancerous tumor. my mom had breast cancer too. and this is why im even more scared. i got it checked out with my dad, and they told me to go to a specialist. they gave me medicine just in case its an infection tho. which i don't think mine is..

I have the same problem, i'm going to wait a few days before i show my mum, its really sore, and its hard.

ok im 13 and i have a lump on my nipple and its not hard and it the same color as it and everythng it dosent hurt unless i mess with it alot and its samller then my nipple but it kinda looks like a second tit ? please help im sooo scared

is it cancer??????????????????????
i have had it for around four months and it hasnt gone away still please help i havent told any one yet hopping it would go away what do i do what is it?? ? ! ? ? :$ :'(

I have the same thing, I am also 15. cancer kinda runs in my family and i am so scared that it is cancer. I dont want to show my mom yet but i am getting worried. What is it?!? I also found some spotting in my bra and i am always tired, but when i looked up these symptoms there was like a billion different things! Will it ever go away???? Is it harmful or just nothing cause i have found so many sites with girls my age that have the same thing.... idk, somebody help!

I'm a 55-yr-old man.  I had this when I was eleven.  My younger brother later had it around the same age.  My son had it around age 13.  Mine started as a cresent shape on one side of the nipple then moved to the other side.  I had this on both nipples, but not at the exact same time.  Prior to this lump, my nipples were sunken into the skin slightly. After the lumps went away, my nipples looked normal.  I'm surprised at how many doctors don't seem to know about it, but others say it's normal and part of the early puberty process.  I found this website because I'm searching for info on a similar thing with my four-month-old granddaughter.  Her situation isn't quite typical of the nipple lumps infants can get, but none of us are worried.  I want all of you to relax as well. 

As for you girls out there, I'm confident it's more common among you.  See doctor if you wish, but worry isn't called for unless there's discharge or it doesn't go away in a year.

I'm 16 and this happened to me. Usually when a nipples hurts its good to kinda massage it, but when I did it this time a dirty like muddy water color stuff came out of one of the little nipple bump thingys. It was still sore but the lump was completely gone

I'm the 55-yr-old man of an earlier post. It's possible the muddy discharge was a pimple-like thing, BUT if you have any odd nipple discharge I strongly recommend you see a doctor, school nurse or Someone in the healthcare field. To ALL you teenagers who are scared but don't want to talk to one of your parents: This is the kind of thing parents exist for. Girls, tell your mom, let her look and feel. Please get past your bashfulness. Teenagers tend to distance themselves from parents. Although Nipple lumps are almost common at your age, be strong and initiate a conversation with your mom or dad.

when i was a  12 year old girl. i had a lump under my nipple. it felt like a marble and its was a bit squidgy . it also hurt alot ! and i told my mother and she said it is probably just puberty starting. because i had not started yet. i got very scared and i was shaking and paniking when i found it! i got scared it could be a tumor. but to the things i have read on previous websites it sounds its just normal. people advised i should go and see a doctor , so i did...

I went to see a doctor and he said dont worry it is a usual sign of puberty. he said its a lump of tissue filled with some puss' lump stuff. he said its perfectly normal. which ever breast this occours in will usally start developing sooner than the other breast. this pain will eventually go away and then it will start in the other nipple/breast. <- this is what my doctor said!

He also said: if it is a lump which isnt in the area of the nipple then this could get serious , when you have you breasts , fully developed you can check for cancer. you can see how to do this on other webs. but if your breasts are still developing and you do have a lump in your breast but its not under the nipple area then you need to get it checked out. this could be an early stage of breast tumor/cancer. but dont worry , dont panic , as soon as you have felt this lump you really need to get it checked out. the earlier the better.

good luck this really worked for me!x

Just go to your doctor hun. (:

Im 15 to and the other day I found out I had a small lump in my nipple. I have been reading about it and most websites and people say that it is probably just a cyst, swollen gland or your period coming.

I just had the same thing I'm so scared! what do I do?!
it really really hurts, so scared its something serious but don't want to tell anyone:s

To "Guest" of 8-10-2012: Since you say it hurts a lot, it may be a bigger cyst than is typical. It'll probably go away, but I strongly recommend you overcome your feeling that you "don't want to tell anyone." Try a school nurse or public health nurse. I sadly admit there are some Lousy parents out there that their kids can't talk to. However, most kids who think they have lousy parents DON'T really have lousy parents. Your only alternative to talking seems to be suffering and I hate to think you'll go through that.