I have a really embarrassing habit that I can't seem to stop: I pick on the hair follicles around my nipples and, as a result, constantly have ugly scabs around them. What can I do? I'm sure I have some sort of folliculitis, as often there are pimples on the numerous hairs growing around my nipples; however, I'm sure I am making it worse by picking. Please help me with some real advice!

well, it is easy - try not to touch them because you are making it worse, it looks really bad. I know what it looks like and I know that you are making it worse when you are touching them. It is hard to tell from this point do you have folliculitis (but it is more like you do) and you should heal them...But you can't heal it until you know the causes of folliculitis. The only way is to try to stop doing this and of course, visit your doctor He will recommend you some creams to apply on this and it is going to help you go away. But it seems to me that you have an ingrown hair on breast and nipple is hair that curls back on itself and they create this bump or lump with a dark spot in the middle may appear on the nipple or breast area. It is ugly, I know...