Im 14 years old and I recently noticed that my nipples have become cracked and very dry. They are also kinda sore and itchy. Just today I noticed that they had scabs around them ? I do live in a dry climate ... and thought maby this could be the cause, but it hasnt ever happened to me before. What could be the cause of this? Does it need to be checked out, or is it something I need to ride through untill its over with? What should I do?

I have the same problem :-( And I'm also fourteen nearing fifteen..I just hope it's nothing huge or anything..

i have the same problem i'm also fourteen going on fifteen on jan23 i have the same problem except that my boobs don't itch and sometimes when it's cold and my nipples get hard if i bend down or something i get a pain in both boobs in the same area in a line and my arela get wrinkly does this happen to you guys too?
p.s is iowa a dry cliamte?

im 18 have the same problem... dont think its a big deal girls.. prolly just dry skin or ur little boyfriends are sucking on them to much... kinda like having chapped lips.... and who ever said there boobs hurt when u bend down... its more than likley because your boobs are growing.... cuz that happend to me and now i have ginormous tits... congrats ur gonna have big boobs... p.s i put moisturiser on my nipples and it went away.

i have the same problem & i'm 21. they dont get sore just itchy, dry & peeling & its only the left one. did any of you end up going to the doctors about it? i hope its nothing serious. %-)

yeah me too. i turning 15 in 2 days. i dont have scabs like you but they are ashy and dry. try putting on sum lotion

Im 15 and my are dry and ichy and maybe a little scabby if you put like intensive care lotion on them it helps

I have also recently had problems with dry and cracked nipples so I bought some nipple cream from the chemist and used that and they are much less sore.

im 21 and i just got that too on my right nipple. but i put vaseline on, and in one night it disappeared!! soo use vaseline, it works wonders

Not lotioning breast can be the cause of itchy cracked peeling nipples so you should really start lotioning them because if you don't they're gonna become really dry and cracked. But when that happens to me I just putt vaseline on them and it clears it right up in one day. So remember if you don't lotion your breast you should or your probally gonna get cracked dry nipples oh and by the way i'm 13 goin on 14 on jan 28 so i think it happens to every women its nothing serious and vaseline clears it right up.

hey im 18 and my nipples are cracking also but i dont think its anything and im only 30 weeks pregnant and it just started happening tot me like 3 weeks ago but i have been putting vaseline on mine also and it goes away besides the soarness will always be there they dont be soar all the time but my doctor told me since im growing and getting bigger everyday then my boobs will bcome soar

hiya ive got the same problem im 17 ive had the problem since i was 13, ive got the dry cracked nipple my right one, ive read up about it and all it keeps saying is that it sounds like a breastfeeding problem, but im not pregnant and dont have children! Reading about what you said that they hurt when they bent down ? your boobs are growing at 14 i was a 30c, and by the time i was 15 they had engorged upto a 30f .. the pain is just because you are growing probably. So dont worry about the pain, i just suggest a proper fitting bra they work wonders! neway back to this problem nipple, i have noticed that this flares up when the weather changes though so weather its because of the cold of what, i also recommend vasaline which does work well, at the moment im tryin all sorts to see what benefits people most :-)

hope this helps .. a bit.. lol

Dani

I do agree that the bra is pretty possibly a good reason as to why you've got issues with your breasts. That can cause dry and flaking skin, so if you can, try to get one that fits a little more loosely. Does that help?

i'm 18, have flaking and scabbing nipples, it scared me so bad, i think it has something to do with my boyfriend orally stimulating them, i'm not sure if i should go to the doctor about it or not. or if i should just try vaseline like other ppl seem to be doing. help please.

Hi there, I think that would help because if they're just flaking then that should not be a big deal. YOu can ask your boyfriend to lay off them for a bit to see if that doesn't help clear it up. Have you considered that?