My name is Mary and I am 18 years old. My boyfriend and I have a very active sex life. We are both usually very safe, I am on birth control and often he will use condoms and practices the pull out method. I am aware of the fact the 'pull out' method isn't effective for preventing pregnancy, but as I am on birth control we just use this as an added precaution. I am usually very consistent about taking my birth control, but three weeks ago I went on a camping trip and forgot my pills at home. I was four days late taking my birth control, and was instructed by the pharmacist to take two one day and three the next to catch up. My boyfriend used a condom for the next two times we had sex, but after that he just pulled out. I know the week following your period is one of the most highly susceptible times to become pregnant, and I am worried that in this time period I could have become pregnant. Its one week until my period, and I have noticed breast swelling and tenderness, which is what usually happens the week before my period, but I am scared that this could be a symptom of pregnancy. Any thoughts or advice I would really appreciate, because as an 18 year old I am really not prepared to have a child.
Mary

Hi Mary! You did the right thing in using condoms..But the best thing to remember is use back-up(condoms) for 7 full days after your birth cotnrol mis-hap..

BUT because you withdrawal you do have some protection, not perfect, but some...

Take an Early response pregnany test".... Your symptoms are similar to PMS, but I understand your concern.

ALSO have you had 'THAT TALK" with your boyfriend?

I am 24, I am childffree, I never want any babies..So My Husband knows that if I get pregnant I would have an abortion. Thats what I would want.

You and your man should talk about what YOU want to do, just in case.

Thanks so much for the advice, I am going to take one of those First Response tests just to be sure. And yeah me and my guy did talk about if I did become pregnant, he said he would support me in whatever decision I made. If I were to have conceived, how would I go about getting an abortion?

If you need access to abortion, the best place to go is a family planning / sexual health clinic.

If you need access to an baoriton the best place to go is here

http://www.gynpages.com

They have lists of clinics in most states... Just click which state you are in to see what clinics are available... Not all clinics will be on here, but this listing has websites and prices=)

http://www.abortion.com

IS ALSO GREAT!

If you need any help feel free to join our forum and PM me, I'll get you as much info as I can.

Carifairy wrote:

first out of everything you should see if your pregnate then after you find out figure out what your going to do cause you dont want to make a big deal out of nothing and when you do find out dont hesitate tell him cause he help make the baby also so if your under pressure he should be to just find ut first and i dont think you should get a abortion cause if you do your always gong to wonder and when you do have your child it might not be as great as you want it to be cause of the abortion

Carifairy wrote:

first out of everything you should see if your pregnate then after you find out figure out what your going to do cause you dont want to make a big deal out of nothing and when you do find out dont hesitate tell him cause he helped make the baby so if your under pressure he should be to just find out first and i dont think you should get a abortion cause if you do your always going to wonder what that baby would have been like and when you do have your child it might not be as great as you want it to be cause of the abortion

Mary, I have been in that same situation before sans-birth control pills. I understand that you are probably freaking out and making sure that, if you are pregnant, making sure no one finds out is your first thought. My whole life I have been a pro-life supporter and I have definately come under attack of feminists saying "well if you were in that situation, you don't know what you would do". Well, for about 2 weeks I DID think I was in that situation, and all I can tell you is that not once did I consider abortion as an option. Yeah, I screwed up, my mother found out and she lost trust in me that I had to gain back, but I thought that killing the child (of a guy I didn't love) was a bad choice because I was the one who screwed up, not the child. God doesn't make mistakes darlin', he just embelishes on the ones we make, and while I don't know whether or not you actually ARE pregnant, maybe you shouldn't just jump to 'abortion' the way most of the people giving you advice seem to be doing. Go to any church in your area and they can help you find a family who wants to adopt that child...and believe me, there are more than you would think. So yes, I hope you aren't pregnant, but in case you are, there are other options besides making choices for a person who can't tell you no.

i was also on birth control and i am 18 years old. from experience (i am now 8 weeks pregnant) i would say to always use another method. birth control alone is really not safe. :-(

JULY OF 07 I FOUND OUT THAT I WAS PREGNATE THE GUY I WAS WITH DID NOT WANT ANYMORE KIDS AND GAVE ME TWO OPTIONS EITHER GET AN ABORTION OR I WOULD LOSE THE BABY....I HAD AN ABORTION AND I THOUGHT I WOULD BE OK I WENT THROUGH THE WHOLE PROCESS AND WHEN IT CAME TIME FOR ME TO HAVE THE PROCEDURE I WASNT NERVOUS OR ANYTHING BUT AS IT WAS BEING DONE I CRIED FOR THE SIMPLE FACT I FELT WHEN MY BABY WAS VACCUMED OUT I WILL NEVER FORGET THE FEELING I HAD MY HEART BROKE AND IM STILL NOT THE SAME SO IF YOU ARE PREGNATE I WOULD REALLY THINK ABOUT YOUR CHOICES BECAUSE SOME THINKS ITS AN EASY FIX BUT ITS ONE THAT HAUNTS ME AND WILL FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE........

My Aunt spent 4 years trying to adopt a child because she couldnt have any of her own. She had a difficult time because many people who live in America consider abortion. A 17 year old girl contacted her because she was pregnant and didn't want to have an abortion, now my aunt has a beautiful baby girl. You really should take people like my aunt into consideration. SOO many people want to adopt, I myself will be adopting a child.. So please take that into consideration.

I have a wonderful brother who was adopted. My parents could not conceive after they had me and eventually enlisted the help of an adoption agency. That was nearly 20 years ago. My brother is one of my best friends. He is wonderful and I hope that those who feel so inspired will adopt out. However, I do not purport to know what it feels like to have an unwanted pregnancy. I am 25 now with a post-graduate degree almost under my belt and I may still consider abortion if I get pregnant accidently. So, is there a right or a wrong way to handle an unwanted pregnancy? I don't think so. Every person must weigh that very trying decision for herself. It is not a position that I envy and I fell that we all ought to support woman in that situation no matter what desicion she makes. I know my opinion doesn't matter much, but if it helps anyone, I don't believe God will judge you if you truly feel that you can't do it. Everyone has troubles and everyone does the best they can. If you are pregnant and you are conflicted about what to do, just know that you will get through it no matter what and everything will be okay no matter what you choose. You may regret any of the choices you make, but you just have to make the best one for you and try to move on. I wish I could help more, but that is as good as I can do.

Best,
Jess

why not put the "accident" child up for adoption instead? I'm sure the little innocent baby would love the chance to live! Plus, I know there are many couples out there who want babies so badly, but aren't able to have them. I know they would love to hold that baby that someone else doesn't want!!!

hannah

I am 19 and married but not ready for a kid. I have been taking birth control, but think i might be pregnant. I stopped taking it cuz i ran out. I was off of it for about a week. When i started my new cycle I had sex that day. Was it to soon? Could I be prgnant? It has been a week since then and i have been feeling sick. Really bad stomach pains, light headed sometimes, and nausea. Is it just the birth control? Should I stop tking it? Cuz if I am pregnant I dont want to hurt the baby.

every one has to make their own decisions thats something each one of us has to do on our own. however we can help each other make the right one.
i got pregnant when i was 18 yrs old and still in school, i had my baby and i love her more than the world its self. when i was almost 20 yrs old i found once again i was pregnant but this time i decided not to keep it. im saying this because you want to make sure that the option you chose is the right one i wont lie i hate my self more each time i see my child and think omg there is supposed to be two of them. it hurts and ill never do it again.
so before you jump the gun and run to the abortion place make sure you can handle what comes after.