Hello, thanks for reading. I really need your help, I'm very worried.

I had sex with my boyfriend on the 2nd of December with no protection. He pulled out before he came but I am still worried. My period was meant to come on the 25th but it hasn't yet. It's never been regular, but I still took 2 pregnancy tests on the 26th which were both negative. However, reading some stories about false negatives I am quite worried. Do you think I took it too early (24 days)? When should I take one again?

Please help me I am really really worried!

Thank you

Hi Saffron,

It's hard to say with an irregular cycle.  There is always a chance of pregnancy.

Likely you had sex around day 5 of your cycle, day 1 is when your period starts.  Normally you won't ovulate until between about days 11 and 16.  Sperm can remain viable for about 5 days, so it was likely early to conceive.

You tested more than 3 weeks after having sex.  The tests should have been reliable.  Did you use your very first morning urine?  It will give you the greatest accuracy as it is more concentrated.

Give yourself 7-10 days AFTER when you expected your period.  If still nothing, retest, using your morning urine.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I didn't use the first morning urine, and also I'm worried the urine I tested wasn't enough. Could this also be a reason for a false negative?

You don't know yet if it is a "false" negative :)

Retest and use the first morning urine. It is the concentration of the urine that matters.

Good luck.