hi I’m 24 and I’m on day 44 of my cycle I am sometimes irregular ( due to mild PCOS) but never past 35 days I tested negative on day 38 and 40. I don't have any changes in circumstance, no more stress than normal. I feel okay apart from being tired and having some weird feelings in my abdomen (sort of twinges not real cramping or like ovulation pain) and today I was feeling very hungry and nauseous.(but it could be unrelated
My husband and I are ttc for a year now. I have conceived twice before once (2003) I was only 4 days late (cycle day 32) and I tested positive and the other (2006) I was well over 7 days late(cycle day 35) and it was very faint ( I m/c both times)
Could it be that I am pregnant and it is just not showing up on the Hpt or could it be something different?

I went to the doctors Tuesday and he said I could be but he wouldn't do a blood test he told me to test again in a week. Has anyone experienced being this late without a +hpt? Or has anyone being pregnant and not tested positive until they were very late?

I am in my 37 day of my cycle having cramps and real tired no stress happy with my life. I just dont know what happen to my period were trying to get pregnant so I hope I am! This has happen to me in my first pregnancy in 2006 I was 7 weeks pregnant before the test came back positive and I still had my period and no it wasnt spotting it was like all my other periods and I had such bad cramps I thought I was going to die. My second pregnancy I tested a week before my period and was positive so I'm not sure what going on maybe you are and its just not showing up yet. Good luck hope this helps!

Given that around 80 percent of women with PCOS do suffer from both irregular periods and difficulty becoming pregnant, this is a difficult place to find yourself in. Could I still be pregnant? I'd say yes, absolutely, if it wasn't for the negative home pregnancy tests. 

Unless you test early, don't read the test correctly, use an expired test, and in some cases fail to use morning urine (when using very cheap tests, usually), home pregnancy tests are very reliable. False negatives ARE more common than false positives, but they still are not common at all. 

It's a shame your doctor couldn't do a blood test.

hi im in exactly the same situation can i ask if u were pregnant or what the issue was thanks :)