I am 27 years old and have been trying for a baby for 10 months now.  I have missed 2 periods and done pregnancy tests which have all come back negative.  I have had a blood test done by the doctors and all results came back fine with nothing wrong with my ovaries and thyrod.  I have sore breasts and back pains and cramping in my stomach just like I am going to start my period but nothing happens.  This is starting to get really upsetting as we have been trying so long.  I have been quite upset in the past couple of weeks as my sister is pregnant and she has 3 children already.  I am happy for her but it just reminds me of what i dont have.

Hi Stephanie,

The pregnancy tests that show negative, are these home pregnancy tests or tests from your doctor? 

Urine home tests do NOT work with all women. 

If you haven't seen your doctor for a blood test please do.

Otherwise, you are almost at the point that we'd suggest you and your partner see a fertility specialist.  Both of you would need testing.  You can expect a full physical with internal exam and blood work.  Your partner would also be asked for a semen sample.

Don't give up.  Many couples that have given up and finally adopt often find themselves pregnant.  Stress can hinder a pregnancy.

Good luck.

I have had a blood test done by my doctor and the results have come back fine. I have been told by the doctor to wait until 12 months and if nothing has happened then go for further tests. The doctor said it is not uncommon for missed periods. I will just have to wait and see. Thank you for your comment. I just thought I would have fallen by now though. Very frustrating!