I am new here. I had surgery for Morton's Neuroma 8 weeks ago and I am still having a lot of problems. I had complete removal of the nerve. While I was in surgery, the doctor also found some arthritis and best I can describe it ( cant recall the technical term), he also cut out some capsuls of arthritis while he was in there. The problems I am having now are even worse than the neuroma. I am still having some pain similar to before surgery and now my toes ache all the time and VERY BAD in the morning. I also am having trouble in the ball of my foot. Any advise or comments would be appreciated. I think maybe I am just rushing my recovery time but need to know if I should be concerned. Thankyou !! Maxine

I had a joint replacement in my great toe on May 19th, I'm still suffering and now I'm told I have Morton' Neuroma and need more surgery. I don't know what to do, all I know is what I am reading and nothing says that surgery is a real cure. Apparently scaring is a problem. I am about ready to quit my job and apply or SS disababilty. I can't believe I can't get my foot fixed. I am in Winter Haven, Fl. Maybe be don't have the best doctors. I just can't believe in this day of medical miracles that I can't get my feet fixed. I have tried evey kind of gel pad, has anyone had any luck with ordinttic (spelling wrong)?

i to have had 3 operations on my right foot for a neuroma im now looking to have a operation for the 4th time same foot is there any other care i can research or a new way to get rid of problem

:'( so your saying you can have this more than once ..your kidding me right :'( after op and crutchers for 9 weeks leg went blue up to the knee and felt i was walking on thousands on pins got walking on it and felt great. 3 years down the track went back to surgeon as my foot now feels like a brick and no movement in it when i sit as long as i am walking its sort of ok very tired .. toes want bend and ankle stiff with limited movement my foot kind of looks odd also got a sore hip from walking funny on it .. how long does it take before the nerve grows back for this to happen again ??????

I had my second mortons neuroma surgery this year.  My first was so easy and I had  a speedy recovery, I did not miss any days of school.

My second surgery was not as good.  The tumor that was removed was pretty big.  That space filled in with scar tissue which is creating a lot of pain in my foot, and the ball of my foot.  this pain is about the same if not worse that the pain I had before surgery.  I will be starting PT to see if they can do anything for me if not maybe another cortizone shot to hopefully break up the scar tissue and maybe another surgery to clear that scar tissue out.

I still recommend the surgery as I do believe in the long run everything will be good.

I have just had a Neuroma surgery on my left foot and have experienced cramping pain in my fourth toe.and feels like a lump inside the ball of my foot. Went to see surgeon this week for check up after 6 weeks and told him the syptoms and he has assured me that the pain in the ball of my foot is still swollen tissue as a big deep neuroma had been removed, and the pain in my toe is part of the nerve pain which will settle down in time,( It is like when you lose a limb, and can still feel your limb) it can take 3 - 6 months or up to a year to feel right again. So living in hope. Pauline

I too am 6 weeks out of surgery for mortons removal on both feet, I felt better before surgery. Are you doing better? I am really discouraged at this point. I have a lot of pain & swelling even though I am icing, elevating, everything I was told to do. I just see so end, perhaps you are feeling better now? I hope so, this is horrible and wish I never got this done.

I hope you are still out here on this site, I too am having same issues, how are you feeling now? How long did it take to get better ? I am really wondering if I should of done this to both my feet, am now regretting it. Went to the Drs in tears yesterday, he gave me a steroid shot and said to hang in there, now he says could be a total of 4 mos to heal, ugh, I can't do this anymore and am in a lot of pain.

I had surgery 4 weeks ago. Most painfull recovery I've experienced. Pain pills didn't phase it. Still get the jabbing, stabbing pains in different areas of my foot. The worst is the burning sensation in the sole of my foot. I ice, elevate, & limit my walking & standing. However, I do see a faint bit of improvement now in the 5th week. Still hopeful

I had MN surgery 8 weeks ago and I am getting worried. Initially I had no pain limited swelling stayed off foot for a full 5 weeks Towards 5 weeks my pain worsened. I now have to take pain meds in am and I wake up with pain if I don't take something before bed. Incision site sore but healing well. Full flexibility of toes. No marble feeling on the bottom of foot just dull radiating pain to great toe and I must be crazy but my back hurts too Help is the normal???

My doctor told me that big toe pain can be a symptom of a problem with your back. Check it out

I would like to know how best to prevent so much scar tissue from forming inside my foot. Had my second surgery four weeks ago. First one ended up with nerve end involved in heavy scar tissue. Quite painful and that annoying, crazy making, lump in the ball of my foot. I've been trying to take it easier this time. My podiatrist is not very clear about this. I am still only walking on heel with the surgical shoe. I feel that lump too! He said to move my foot a lot, but I wonder if that is best.

I had the same surgery 6 weeks ago too. I'm still in pain. The ball of both feet hurt and swell . I've told my doctor again and again. He acts as if I'm not saying anything....

I didn't know it could come back a second time

There is a stump neuroma that can occur. I am wondering if I developed one...