Locked New Topic Followed by 7 people

I have a problem that came after I had my gallbladder removed with laser. I had cramping pain in right side after gallbladder removal, and I have never experience it before. My doctor confirmed my thoughts; it was due to a diseased gallbladder. I wonder if there is anyone with the same problem. I think I am the only one with such a bad luck that I must experience this cramping pain in right side after gallbladder removal.

You are not alone with such a problem, because I experienced the same. I have also found many people suffer from the same cramping pain in right side after this process of gallbladder removal. Since I had this surgery, I have had chronic abdominal cramping, burning and diarrhea always 15 to 30 minutes after I eat. Many times this is first thing I feel in the morning. I experience weight loss, fatigue, elevated liver enzymes, high calcium and low phosphorous levels, all due to gallbladder removal. I have had every test and seen many doctors who have not given me any hope of recovering. A friend thought that I might have a bile duct injury, so I asked a little bit about this. I asked a doctor who said bile duct injury is possible, so I should have done tests to evaluate this. I have also found out that sphincter of Oddi dysfunction is suspected in patients who have biliary-type pain without other apparent causes. Doctor said it is most commonly recognized in patients who have undergone cholecystectomy, or gallbladder removal.

my wife had her gallbladder removed a year and a half ago.
when she works she gets a pain in upper right abdomen,have seen other posts here, but does pain remain forever?or is there a cure?

I had my gallbladder removed 4 weeks ago and I have had nothing but nausea and vomiting ever morning. I also have the pain on the right side. my doctor keeps telling me it takes time to heal. I have lost 10 pounds and I cant eat very much. I feel like I am falling apart. anyone else feel this way?

I had my gallbladder removed 6 months ago and I am still experiencing pain, nausea, and food aversions. About 3 months after the surgery, my hair even starting falling out because of the shock to my system. Telogen Effluvium they call it. At least that part has stopped.

To make a long story short, my sugery was a nightmare. The surgeon completely sliced through my bile duct, almost hit my liver, I was in the hospital for almost 3 weeks, I was addicted to Dilaudid by the time I got out, and I came home with 2 JP drains hanging out of my body. And I'm 21 years old, a healthy weight, and a strict vegetarian who exercises daily. You just never know. But I know how you feel. You just have to ask yourself what's worse: permanent pain and inconvenience from gallbladder attacks or complications from surgery that can linger for years. I hope you start feeling better soon.

I had my gallbladder removed in Sept of 2005. I am still having the pain in my right side. I have also lost 40 lbs (glad about it) b/c while recovering (still recovering 10 months later), fatty foods just went straight thru me. I also have had x-rays, mulitiple tests and exams b/c of the constant bowel movements.

Well, slowly, but surely, things are getting better. I did have the sigmoidoscopy after so many ER visits in May. They found that I had 3 polyps and the stomach infection. Now that the infection is gone, I can honestly say, the frequent and painful hour long, constant bowel movements may happen once a week. I have been keeping a running list of what I eat the day before it happens, and by avoiding those foods (ground beef is my big one), I can avoid the problems. Unfortunately, nothing helps the side cramps!

I had my gall bladder out 5 and a half years ago and I still suffer from severe abdominal pains and diareah directly after eating I wish i had the weight loss problems but then again my luck doesn't work like that I was 135 (5' 8) at time of surgery and now am 220

I had my gallbladder removed about 3 months ago. I did have diareaha immediately every time I ate for about 3 weeks. This did stop for the most part but then I started having this severe stomach pain every morning very early, sometimes as early as 3 am. Its a burning severe pain that creeps up my chest and I also have pain in the right side like I did before my surgery. The only thing that helps the pain is to eat something or drink milk. I have gained about 20 lbs since my surgery but I also have a hypothyroid so that may be unrelated.

edited by moderator****web addresses not allowed

I Just had Gallbladder surgery on July 13th. For over 6 weeks I was in and out of the hospital prior to surgery for extreme pain. Due to my allergies with Morphine, Demerol, Codiene and later found out fentanyl, I didnt have any way to fade the pain away.

It took me almost 2 weeks after the surgery to be able to even move without screaming. I spent the first week sitting on my living room floor screaming in pain with my 13 yr old daughter massaging my back as pain radiated.

Its now been almost 2 months and I still have pain in my right side. It's not all the time, but if I lift things or try to exercise or even just sit sometimes it hurts. I found I get a heartburn burning feeling when I eat certain foods and can't eat raw broccoli, cauliflower, cant eat beets or eggs. Ironically, I can eat egg rolls. The payback for fats like egg rolls is of course the imfamous "john run" I dont know if these will go away, but in hindsight to the pain i was in prior and after the surgery, I will take these few annnoying things.

Hello fello post gallbladder pain sufferers.. I had my gallbladder removed at the young age of 17. In June 2004. Well the surgery was great. I would recommend it to anyone.. well if you can do it laprascopicly (sp). Ever since the removal the pain from my gallbladder has never gone away. I know it isn't there, but it HURTS. I told my doctor and she said it was phantom pains.. phantom pains!!!??? NOT HARDLY. I just contiuned on with life and lived with the pain. Now in 2006 I have had 3 episodes just like the gallbladder attacks I used to have. My liver enzymes have been higher than normal. They ultrasounded my gallbladder void, and found nothing. I'm to the point of tears because my doctors will not listen to me. They don't understand it. I know the pain I am feeling is connected to something.. Finally I convinced my new doctor that something was wrong. He is planning on doing a HIDA- scan on me next month. I hope to solve this problem and soon.

I was having sever right quadrant pain for 2 1/2 months before I had the Hida scan. It showed 19% and the doctors removed my gallbladder. I have no stones and my liver is slightly elevated. I am now 9 days recovery from my gallbladder being removed. My chronic side pain is still there. Although, it is not quite as severe as before. I'm still relying on pain killers, but not sure how much longer the doctors will prescribe them. The surgeon is blowing me off and telling me my pain is from the muscles being tender. I hardly think so. My pain isn't near the incisions and it's deep inside under my rib cage, like the pain I had pre surgery. I'm becoming very depressed and I hope to find another doctor that will listen. my life has been on hold now for three months. I eat very well and I ran 6 miles a day.

disease is a sign of liver problems...how many of you have been tested for hepatitis c? it does not show up in regular labs and "looks normal" as with hcv the alt and ast levels are not always elevated.

i did not have the problems you guys do, but my liver sure hurt off and on for many many years prior to my gb removal! antiviral chemo stopped that!

good luck!

Hello - I had my gallbladder removed 3 1/2 yrs ago after giving birth. After removal I had great pain in my right front chest where the gallbladder was evertime I bent over for something - it actually stopped me from bending over and putting on socks and shoes. I am now suffering attacks similar to what I had when I had stones, but I no longer have a gallbladder. I have had a CAT scan that was clean. My doctors don't know what to tell me, but I am sure it has something to do with the removal of my gallbladder. I am hardly ever hungry, when I do eat, I cannot eat a complete meal and I also get nauseas afterwards and sometimes get the sweats and tired. I am hoping somebody figures out what is going on. I plan on seeing a GI specialist. If anyone has figured out what they are going through, I would like to hear about it so I may look in that direction as well.

I had my Gallbladder removed 6 months ago and I still have the exact pains in my right abdominal side that made me go to the doctor in the first place. It was discovered that I had gall stones. I would advise anyone to think twice before getting their gallbladder removed. I also still have pains in my back. I also find it really uncomfortable lying on my stomach in bed. I feel really unhealthy at the minute.

Guest wrote:

I AGREE! I did not know before I had mine removed but there are things you can do to disolve galstones and flush the galbladder and they only take a couple days. I swear if you think you need the surgery try to do the other treatment, the after effects that seems to last for a lifetime are far worse than the pain of a couple days of waiting. I was not given that choice and I will pursue a lawsuit against the doctors who did this to me. I am not not able to eat almost anything, i have severe acid problems, i have a extended stomach disfiguring me, I have pain still, i am not able to lay on my side, i have diraeah, and there is more. Please for the love of God try to resolve the problem before you get the surgery......the after effects which no one ever tells you about are horriable.