I got removed my gallbladder 6 months ago for I was suspected and diagnosed with gall stones so I decided finally to have the gallbladder surgery. All in all I feel ok now but there's left arm pain following gallbladder removal that borders me ever since I had the surgery. In fact I am afraid of having some heart disease for my family history and am wondering what else complications I might expect following gallbladder removal besides the arm pain.

I don't think that your arm pain could be gallbladder removal related. Maybe you have somehow twisted or squeezed some nerve that goes through your arms, maybe you have spent too much time in bed after having your gallbladder removed or your arm pain might be hearth related especially if it itches or you feel some aches over your hand or so on… I don't know what to advice you regarding that arm pain following your gallbladder removal but it is always better to check it out with your doc. I am sure he would know it better. And as for some other gallbladder disease complication I think you won't experience any for your surgery has been performed 6 months ago and you are ok as it seems, the only thing I could advice to you is to have healthy and regular diet this is of much help I can bet it for I also got removed my gallbladder for the same reason like your… the fact is you can keep on living as usual, normal just try top have regular medical checks and you will be fine. And as for your arm pain following gallbladder removal…I don’t know you better discuss it with your doc.

no way this is normal its the air that they inflate you with!

Yes, I too also had very bad pain in my shoulders. They told me b4 I left the Hospital this would happen from the gas. You are filled with air b4 surgery. I had mine removed 4 days ago.

Hi I am experiencing the same arm pain. I thought I was crazy I am so glad someone else understands. Not glad your in pain, but nice too know its not just me. I can also push right under my collar bone and there is so must pain. This is crazy.

After having your gallbladder removed the nurses will ask you to walk up and down the corridor, which seems crazy but it gets rid of the gas in your shoulders and sides, mine went after about a week, but if you dont move around it will stay there.

I have been dealing with the same arm pain.  I actually found this blog in my search of finding if anyone else has dealt with this as well.  How did it turn out for you guys?

I had my son 4months ago and filled with that gas and still have severe szhoulder pain and my upper right side where my gullbladder was,its painful and irritating not knowing whats causing it.

Its been 7yrs since my gullbladder. Surgery

I had gall bladder surgery April 17th, I had some very severe pain in my left arm, after surgery, I called the doctor and the nurse also told me it was because of the gas they used. Finally after 2 weeks I couldn't take it any longer I went to see my family doctor, he in turn sent me to Orthapedic doctor.After several x-rays and cat scan he was able to tell me that the bicep muscle ahad been torn severly (you could see the tear on the x-rays) I had to have surgery Aug. 1st to have it repaired. Prior to the shoulder surgery I had to go to Physical Therapy 3 times a week which really did no good. I have been off work going on 5 months now for something that happened while I had ball bladder surgery, don't know if my arm was twisted or bent wwrong in surgery but I can quarentee you it was not the gas that was the problem!!!!!

It is related to the gallbladder surgery. I had it 3 days ago and have severe arm pain as well. I was told after surgery I would have possible neck, back, chest, and left arm pain and it would be caused by the excess gas in the body from surgery. As the gas goes away, the pain lessens.

I had my gall bladder removed on July 31st and the IV was in my right hand. After nurse removed the IV I noticed my hand sore. It's swollen and aches really bad. The pain is all the way to my elbow. It hurts to touch or rub

I had gallbladder removal surgery July 4th,2018. Since the surgery I too have had a pain in my left arm at the shoulder. It was not there prior to surgery. I suspected it could have been an injection into the mucle or injured by positioning my unconscious body for the procedure. Non the less it has been more than 2 weeks since the surgery and it still hurts. I find that an odd coincidence.

I have the same symptom which came on suddenly in the hospital. 2 surgeons, hospitality and 4 RN s has no idea. It is worrisome . It was originally a severe elbow pain, now burning sensation in differing parts of arm or all over. It comes and goes