Users comments and reviews on article Cholecystectomy - Laparoscopic Surgery for Gallbladder Removal by Dr. Soni Vijay

I had a friend who actually had laroscopic cholecystectomy and they actually took the gall bladder out through her belly button! Despite it being somewhat of a major surgery, she was pretty quickly over it and doing much better almost a week after surgery. She had ot take it easy until the stitches dissolved but other than that she was doing great. I think it's neat how you can actually reduce recovery time thanks to this noninvasive technique. Thanks for writing about this!

Why do we have so much complacations after the surgury, its been three months? I have lots of pain in my chest.

yes i have heard hat cholecystectomy is quite effective in providing relief from gallbladder disease. I'm interested to know, how long does it take for the stitches to dissolve ?

What kind of risks are involved in the following surgery when there are more stones found in the remaining tubes after the gall bladder has been reomoved? Or is the seriousness of the matter having to do more with whether or not they can all be removed? And is it dangerous to have another surgery so soon - like within the 10 day recovery window following laroscopic cholecystectomy?

I was referred by my GP to a surgeon because the GP thought I was having gallbladder problems. The surgeon said the same thing. I have had a history of these severe pain attacks in my RUQ for the past 4 years but nobody was able to find anything. I just had the HIDA scan on Fri. The CCK injection caused me to have a malor pain attack. I saw all these low numbers like 2,3,4,and 5. what do those numbers indicate?

I just had my gallbladder removed, it was removed through my belly button. The recovery has been amazing. I was released from the hospital that day- I had very little pain or gas. I was very very tired after surgery- but good nights rest solved that problem. Day 2 was okay- alittle pain but no major issues. Today is day 4- my core is weak, but no pain, no gas, no constipation. I read allot of internet posts before the surgery- all they did was scare me. I am an active person within a healthy weight range. I recognize that I don't fit the typical profile, but my advice is not to over research blogs.

I had laroscopic cholecystectomy done a week ago in Kampala.
I was able to walk that Day and I'm generally feeling great, but taking it easy.
I'm just not sure of how or which excercise I can do to ensure I do not pile on weight.
I'm also confused as to what foods to stick to, I'm doing fruit and vegetables for now; fish and potatoes; but I'm craving for a steak!!

am going to have my gallbladder remove in two weeks. it is my first surgery and am very scared. i would like to know what to expect.
thank you.

am two weeks away from my gallbladder surgery.and am very scared because it is my first surgery, and i dont know what to expect.i need some advised

tina26,

I just had my surgery 2 days ago. I am really feeling pretty good. I have 4 little incisions that are a little sore, but other than that, things have been going well.

Don't be scared!

In my thoughts & prayers,
Sheryl

To the poster who is facing surgery, it is not a bad recovery. You might have post op pain, take the pain meds they give you. You will need to take it easy for awhile, just because you don't have a painful incision to remind you not to overdo it doesn't mean you have not had a big surgery. I had mine removed in April, had some pain in my gallbladder area and beside my right shoulderblade for a month or 2 following the surgery, now having some burning in my stomach occasionally. It is lessening gradually as did the pain that I felt was sort of like phantom gallbladder pain.

To the poster who wanted a steak, I eat meat without any problem. In fact, have tolerated fried foods. Many people experience diarrhea, I control that with the calcium supplements that constipated me prior to the surgery.

Hi arriba, I did not know that calcium supplements worked! I have a family member who has been struggling with this. Can you tell me what brand that you use?

I am 19 years old female born in manhattan new york and raised in tampa florida.
I recently had my surgery on 10/27/2009.
Done by an amazing and well known general surgeon named Bill E. Barry.

It's been a week and 3 days now and I'm healing very well. My appetite has normalized and I can eat anything! No pains anywhere, No vomiting, no nausea.

Im eating halloween candy moderately and yes I do have diherea but not much.
I use to be a kinda constipated person but after the surgery I feel great going regularly now.
DRINK LOTS OF WATER,PORTIONED HEALTHY MEALS, AND the occasional stuff you couldn't eat before because of those gall bladder attacks from hell.

I had multiple attacks before getting my surgery.. due not having insurance I had to suffer a great deal.

I can tell you I feel a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders after having the laparoscopic cholecystectomy done.

My incisions are inside out and there very small.
Docter Barry took very good care of me.
I feel rejuvinated and thankful most of all.
I'm happy to be alive and a part of this world without living in the fear that the pain will ever come back! ;P

I am 19 years old female born in Manhattan new york and raised in Tampa Florida.
Done by an amazing and well known general surgeon named Bill E. Barry that works for HealthPoint.

Docter Barry took very good care of me.