Hi, my son is 40 lb first grader, and I am worried about his spine since, his schoolbag is way too heavy for him. How to over come this problem?

Hi, I had the same problem with my child. It seemed to me like all these things he needs to take to the school every day are unnecessary. I decided to drive him to the school, at first. Later he went by bus, but until I didn’t find a special kind of bag that can be pooled like a trolley, I didn’t have the problem solved. Maybe, there are some lockers in the school where children could leave their books, and having double books for school and for home can partially solve the problem. Try to talk to his teacher about necessity to take all books required every day or if she can provide some other kind of organization.

Have him empty his school bag every night and only put the stuff he'll need the next day into it. 40Ib sounds so tiny to me because I'm 8stone and I'm only 13!