BEFORE READING THIS, DON'T frikkin COMMENT TELLING ME I'M "STUPID" OR "MY BABY'S GONNA DIE/GET TAKEN AWAY" OR sh*t ABOUT HOW I DONT DESERVE TO BE A PARENT. I WILL NOT EXCEPT THAT, AND WILL HARASS THE sh*t OUT IF ANYONE SAYING SUXH THINGS. So here's my situation: I'm 16 and 7 months pregnant now. Since finding out I'm pregnant (around 7 wks) I've quit smoking cigarettes and weed to avoid any risks that could harm my unborn baby boy. Although my Babydaddy is still a frequent user. Anyways, I recently had a doctor's appointment and the doc said my baby is underweight, at 2.1 lbs. After hearing this I was extremely worried, and googled "average weight of a 7 month fetus" which I found was 2.22lbs. Although this somewhat calmed me, I have realized all of my pregnant friends are small girls, but their stomachs are bigger than mine, and I'm a around a month further. I also only weigh 120 lbs (98 prior pregnancy) due to my tremendous decrease in appetite since quitting weed. So I was wondering, WOULD IT BE ALRIGHT TO SMOKE MARIJUANA TO HELP EATING HABITS AND GAIN WEIGHT? Thanks for the help (:

Hi Igotta,

No it's not alright.

It's somewhat normal not to feel hungry.  For one thing, your stomach is being compressed by the baby. 

The best thing you can do is to eat nutritious meals.  Make sure you eat on a regular schedule, it will help your blood sugar stay fairly stable.  You may find it easier to eat more frequent smaller meals than a few large ones.

When is your next appointment?  The doctor can tell you how you are doing again.

I have a blood glucose test Monday 16th.

OK, that's good.  As long as you're healthy your baby will be healthy. 

Everyone is different.  Maybe your baby will be smaller than the others it doesn't mean anything is wrong necessarily.

Keep me posted please.