i am 30 years old and just found out that i have 8 intramural fibroids.  my doctor advised me to try and get pregnant now. i have irregular periods but since 2 years ago, it started to come every month and lasted for about 2 weeks with very heavy bleeding.  i had to change pads like every 2 hours and stay home for the first 2 days.  my last period though was december.  My doctor gave me contraceptive (dianne) which i started less than a month ago to regulate my period. i was experiencing a lot of abdominal pain and frequent urination over the past week so i went to another doctor who did a urine pregnancy test which confirm that i am pregnant.  she immediately sent me to do an ultra sound this reveal that i am not pregnant and confirm the fibroids. i did another pregnancy which show negative.  that doctor now advise me to see a good gynea for me to do a myomectomy. 

Honestly i dont know what to do.  the sizes of the fibroids ranges from 2cm to 5cm.  I want to have a child and i want have a healthy child.  Do i need to do an abdominal myomectomy or should i go ahead and try to conceive?   

The best thing you should do is to find a good gynecologist who will be able to determine is it safe for you to conceive now, since there are eight fibroids and they already are fairly big - the problem with conceiving before fibroids are removed is that during pregnancy, when estrogen is more present in your body, fibroids only get bigger. And bigger fibroids than pose a bigger risk for a fetus because they change the shape of the uterus. Myomectomy is the procedure that only removes the fibroids and preserves your uterus so you can still conceive after this procedure is done. But as your doctor said, and as I think, it's best for an expert to look at the exact condition you are in, because fibroids can cause miscarriage and problems in pregnancy, but also, its important to find a good expert who will determine the right treatment for them.

Ladies if you are still able to read this, I got good news for you. I have 3 large fibroids largest 13x9cm and 2 other 7x5 cm and many others ranging from 1-3cm in diameter. Guess what! I got pregnant naturally without any effort!

Here is what I did before I got pregnant: my periods were irregular before I got married (because I wasn't sexually active), but from the first moth of marriage My periods became regular 28 days cycle. 3 years later I started trying with clomid and slowly watching my ovulation. I tried for 5 months with no result in pregnancy so I gave up! The next month I didn't do anything and even didn't pay attention to the ovulation or anything. That very same month I found out I got pregnant and the baby is growing inside me!

I am now 10 weeks pregnant. I say this is all miracle from Allah!