I recently had a myomectomy more to say in June of this year. I had a clearance down two weeks before my surgery ( labs were done were it read i wasN'T Pregnant then. My story is very interesting. My surgery came about on june 5th everything went well. the incision was perfect and i healed within 4 weeks of it but of course taking medications for the pain when i had too. Sometime in july i began feeling so much tenderness on my breast, and extreme nausea, plus i had not seen my menstrual cycle for those two months. I went to see my doctor for a post-op and explained the feelings i had with my breast, and missed cycles, all my doctor kept telling me was that it was normal and they were all side effects  of the surgery and i will see my cycles sooner then later. I couldn't tolerate the nausea that occured every night that whole entire month i wanted to take a laxative but something deep inside of me told me to do a pregnancy test. I will forver recall that day, that i read the test to be positive, i was confused because the last time i had been intimate with my fiance was in may a month prior to my surgery nor i we had been active after my surgery. To make this story now short, i had been pregnant all that time the doctors weren't aware during my surgery that i was. I came to find out then i was 14 weeks pregnant, now at my 17 week. It felt so surreal to me that i had a baby inside of me, what i consider my miracle baby. My baby survived the anesthesia, and the meds i was on and pretty much healthy when i first did my ultrasound. My only fear that i have from time to time is the fact that my uterus (although my fibroids were more around my abdomen) is that as i get bigger it will become weak. I get sometimes swollen were the incision was made and feel type weak... has anyone kinda experienced this before, whereas they got pregnant right away after undergoing their surgery and felt the discomfort where their incision was made?

Hi M1Doris,

I'm Danielle and had a myomectomy done 12th January. I was ok and started taking sips (tea) the day after the surgery and all was fine. 3 days after the surgery i got sick and was given antibiotic, painkiller. The fever subsided but for a whole month i had food aversion, excessive smell, vomiting and excessive saliva. I did a blood test at  what was supposed to be my 7 weeks but it was negative. But the symptoms and signs of pregnancy keep on be accurate for the weeks age . I'm "11 weeks" and so scared to go for any test despite all the signs but strongly believe it is possible to get pregnant just after a myomectomy espescially if you were intimate with your partner at your fertile time just before the surgery. I will inform when i get the good news.   

Hi Danielle. Hope your recovering smoothly. Yrs it is possible to get pregnant after a myomectomy, my fear came when the doctors didn't know during the surgery that I was expecting. Overall I'm now a mommy go a 1month old healthy baby boy. Wish you all the luck.

this gives me hope as l had myo last year in december