I have been experiencing visual problems for past few weeks. I thought that they will simply go away and that I have them because I watch TV most of my free time. However, I still have symptoms. I know I should go to get my eyes checked but before that I would like to know about the most common visual disturbances? I am afraid that my condition is serious.

If you say that you are affraid that what you have is serious then I imagine that you really have a reason to be concerned. You need to go to your doctor to be sure what is wrong with your vision and why you are experiencing problems. You did not tell me anything about the symptoms that you have so I can't tell you like this what is your case. However, I will tell you something more about the most common visual disturbances because there are many types of eye problems. Blurred vision is the loss of sharpness of vision and also inabillity to see small things. Scotomas or blind spots are dark holes in the visual field. There are some conditions that can lead to visual problems like: cataracts, glaucoma, floaters, diabetic retinophaty, stroke, brain tumor etc. Also, there are some medications that can impact your vision and among them are antihistamines, some high pressure pills, medications for malaria and others. The most severe form of visual disturbance is blindness. You need to know that no mather the cause visual changes should never be ignored. I advise you to go to your doctor.