I just started having this problem for the past 2days now. ive been having alot of sex lately with my ex boyfriend & my outer & inner lips got kind of torn the other night so i was swollen for about a day. then that went down but it started itching not long after.. I thought it could of been itching just because such fragile skin was ripped, so i put A&D ointment on it since its been used on babies for so many things (minor cuts being one of them), i figured that may help. However, the itching has increased & today i noticed that i now have a thick, cottage cheese like disharge that i dont think ive ever had before.. I highly doubt i all of a sudden caught something, because i just had a pap-smear done about 3weeks ago now & everything came back negative. And i use condoms frequently, however i am prone to infections quicker than most females; typically. Ive had many bladder infections, bacterial infections & yeast infections over the past 4yrs; so just recently my doctor told me to up my intake of yogurt & water (since i dont drink as much as i typically should), & although i havent followed her orders to the 'T' about my yogurt intake, i have been drinking alot more water.. I just got done with my bacterial infection about 2weeks ago & i finished ALL of my antibiotics, & i know the difference between that & a yeast infection; i just dont think ive ever seen my discharge this thick & 'clumpy-like' from a yeast infection before & i am a little concerned.. Any insight before i take this to my doctor??

Hi Jlw,

All I needed to see in this post was cottage cheese like discharge and itching to know you have a very common vaginial infection called thrush. Your doctor will give you something to clear it because if it is left it will get worse and you will not be able to have sex because it will hurt too much.

Hi, a yeast infection can look like cottage cheese. there are also different strains of yeast infections that respond to different treatments so a trip to the doctor is a good idea. I hope that helps.

Are u sure though? ..i mean, have u had it yourself before?? Because i have literally NEVER heard that name ever come up when i have gone in. I guess then again, ive never had THIS type of discharge before.

Yes it sounds like a yeast infection you need to go to the doctor and get check right away also condoms are only have the battle u can stds from oral as well just because u came in for Pap smear 3 weeks a go doesn't mean you couldn't have caught something recent please be careful since he is a ex u never know who else he is doing just my opinion I'm a MA and I see a lot young girls now a days contracting stds just be careful and I'm pretty sure it a yeast infection

Hi, yeast infections are known as thrush in Australia and Britain and probably elsewhere. They are the same thing. and a cottage cheese like discharge is a classic thrush symptom. See your doc so you get the right treatment.