On Sunday I experienced the worse run I've had in the past year! I was so sore and tight I couldn't believe it. On Sunday night, everytime I rolled over in bed, I got a shooting pain in my knee. Woke up on Monday limping and feeling like my knee was swollen (even though it wasn't). So I stretched and iced and still had major pain in my knee. Made an appointment for a massage yesterday and hoped for some healing hands. The woman who massaged me found so many knots. She worked on both of my shoulders for I don't know how long trying to get the knots out. My left ITband was all knotted up. I even had a knot in the arch of my foot that she got out. She nearly had me in tears it hurt so much. Then she worked on my knee. It was my patella tendon and she massaged it for about 5 minutes. I didn't feel an immediate difference. But woke up this morning and feel like my old self! My knee is only slightly sore but that is it! I am so happy. I thought I was going to have to hang up my running shoes for a while.
I'm back in action!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you are back in Action women!!! :D Can't wait to run with you tomrrow. I am getting a massage tomorrow morning, hope mine is as good for my aches and pains that I have been having since my long hard run I experienced this weekend.

that is what I have been saying for a long time now! Massage rocks and it is what keeps me walking. I am glad you enjoyed it!

:1:
she was obviously a very good therapist to hit the knots, especially that knee thing. good for you!!

:dance2:

Massage :thumbsup: I have been getting them for a few months now and she has already fixed a few things. She is also a pro-triathlete so she knows what I put my body through.

Massages rock. And am I red-blooded male.

Many of my fellow males stick their nose up at the thought of a massage. And they are totally missing the boat here. :wavey:

I think it moved.
that's why I stay away from massages.

I think it moved.
that's why I stay away from massages. My massuese is a woman, that isn't any issue!