Hi, I have recently noticed that when I lay down, if I press my hand against the lower part of my stomach, there is some kind of lump that moves to the upper part of my stomach. When I inhale, it goes back to its original position, unless i keep pressing, then it stays higher. I feel this lump most nights, but not all, and I also feel an odd pulse- like a heartbeat- in my stomach, but I don't think it is located on the lump and I don't think the pulse moves, but the pulse is visible. I don't feel either the lump or the pulse when I sit or stand and they are not visible then. I'm 14, so I don't think I'm at high risk for stomach cancer. What can these two things be? Please help!

Hey! I have the EXACT same thing! I feel pressure under my right ribs on the side it is on also. But only when I am sitting upright. Do you have a "pressure" sensation under your ribs of the side the lump is on? Does anyone know what this lump is? It seems to retract into upper abdomen when exhaling and go to the right of the navel when inhaling, but I can only feel it when I am lying down.

Hey Me23, are you going to the doctor for this??? I am freaking out about mine and just want to know what it is. Can anyone help us and tell us what the hek this is?

I discovered this in my stomach a few years ago. My aunt is a nurse and said that most thin people feel this. I could even see my heartbeat on my bellybuttom when i looked at it. I went to the doctor who seemed baffled. The did some ultrasounds and a barium test and found nothing.

I have continued to bring it up but my doctor looks at my like im crazy. Im scheduled to see a new dotor so maybe he will be able to figure it out. Maybe its just nothing and because i am thin i can notice it.

My husband has the same thing. He is going to see the doctor today. He is only 35. So not as young as you, but not old enough for too much of the serious stuff.

I will repost.

i have alump on my stomach that does the exact same thing that you said but not when i lay down only when i stand up and my abdomen feels very swollen towards the bottom if i push it it goes straight to the top. i am 20 years old so it scares me. i have never felt this lump before and yet i also weigh about 5 pounds less than i have ever weighed, maybe its because im thinner. one doctor did a ct scan he said that it was normal and found nothing. i went to another doctor on monday april 9 2007 and she told me she would do an ultrasound on the following monday so i am now awaiting anxiously to find out if they find something...

hey has anyone on here found out there problem i have the same thing! Thanks Jason

i have the same thing since age 16 i am 22 now and its just getting worse as time passes on its growing and ive had 2 babies so plenty of u/s's and no one has ever said anything to me

Hey i have a similair problem i am 19 year old male. when i laydown and push on my abdomen i can feel something move up it goes all the way accross the abdomen right accross where the belly butoon is. I have slight discomfort but not bad at all and has been there since i was atleast 15 with out any change of symptoms? Oh also i usally feel bloated after eating larger meals? Any thing woulf help Thanks alot!!!

okay yeah just to be another one to say I have it too...I have it too...I was googling the problem to look for what it might be...I'm only 18 but I too have recently lost a lot of weight (25 lbs) so could there be a connection to that? all of my symptoms are the same to the rest of y'alls...

I have the exact same thing!! IT'S FREAKING ME OUT SOOOO BAD! I was scared I was pregnant, but I have all the same symptoms as everyone else and some have even gotten an ultra sound so I don't think it is that.. I need HELP!! I'm only 15, and idkk what to do with this change in my body!

I think I've got the same thing as all of you, a small mass just to the left of my belly button. I noticed it a few years ago, I'm 21 now. I too recently lost a bit of weight (about 10lbs), so I'm about 110lbs which is underweight for my height. Planning on going to the doctor soon to get it checked out.

oh kids...

it's your intestine when you're digesting food.

I have this too. I'm 34, and will be getting it checked out soon. Anyone find out what it is??

hernia or torn muscles