Hi, i'm 20 years old and i'm having a few problems with my period. I've never been regular when it comes to periods, and as a youth i suffered greatly with period pains, but my current problems are that i get spontaneous period pains that disappear. I've had a period since christmas, which has happened before, but i seem only to have a few days off at the most random times. There appears to be no cycle. I've had my blood count check for other reasons, and they are normal, but the blood is really concentrated and usually very clotted and almost black. I'm not sure if this is normal or if i should see a doctor, or what could be causing these problems? Thanks xx

Hi there! I have no idea where could this blood be coming from. It is not normal, it must be some kind of hormonal disorder and I am almost certain you need to have it checked.

You may be put on birth control pills to regulate the periods but that won’t make the problem go away. You can also become anemic and I wonder how come any of the doctors hasn’t done anything about your prolonged periods? Have you seen gynecologist at all since this started happening?

Blood clots are usually formed when the periods are really heavy when anti-coagulators don’t have the time to prevent the blood from clotting. The black color usually comes from blood being too long in the uterus, which may not be your case.

See a doc to have all the necessary info and appropriate treatment!!!!

Cramps and irregular periods are signs of Endometriosis and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Go get it checked out.