im 22 years old and im hoping someone can help me with this question. I had a urine test and i thought i was pregnant and it said i had a urinary tract infection and that i wasnt pregnant. but i really think i am bc for one i am late by two weeks and i just feel pregnant, nausiated and the works
can a urinary tract infection mask a posotive result in a pregnancy test???
please help

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

thankyou

Actually, no. Pregnancy tests work by detecting a special hormone called hcg that is produced by placenta only when a woman gets pregnant.

The presence of bacteria will not influence the on test results nor change them. Only medicates that contain hcg hormones could change the results of pregnancy test. These drugs are used in infertility treatments.

The symptoms you are experiencing could be PMS symptoms as well. Many PMS symptoms mimic the symptoms in early pregnancy like excessive discharge, breast tenderness, moodiness, even nausea, low back pain, etc

You period may be late due to UTI. I would suggest you get this UTI cleared and continue trying. Good luck!

Is urinary tract infection a symptom of pregnancy? And do u necessarily have to have breast tenderness?

I am going out of my mind here because i am a week late for my period. i went to the doctor's last week and he put me on medication for my urinary tract infection. i was due on the 12-14th of december and its the 20th.. i feel like im pregnant. i dont know if i am being stressed or paranoid. but i would just like to know if this is normal and if urinary tract infections affect mensttration cycle. PLEASE HELP !

I am going through the same thing! I thought I was pregnant and was told I wasn't and that I had a UTI. Not i'm not nauseus anymore but I am feeling bumping in my stomach! It is scaring the hell out of me! I have taken 3 Urine tests (2home/1doctor) I am so scared. Me doctor told me it sounds like gas! GAS? I don't have gas! It happens more when I lay down for bed or just get up in the morning. Could my muscles be twitching from a UTI?