I'm 27 years old and two days ago I notice few signs of urinary tract infection. My doctor prescribed to me antibiotic Macrobid. Last time when I had UTI I remember that I use some other drugs. I've never heard about Macrobid. My question is: How efficient is Macrobid for urinary tract infection?

Hi! Don't worry, I also was taking Macrobid when I had UIT and it helped me. I know that it used only for the treatment of acute uncomplicated UTI caused by some bacteria like Escherichia coli. It's only for bacterial infections. Macrobid has an antibacterial agent specific for urinary tract infections.

Hey there,

Like Manuel I was taking Macrobid as well for my UTI and believe me it helped just fine. Since I have problems with UTI and before my doctor used to prescribe me Bactrim I was surprised so I asked him about this change. He replayed that he believes that this antibiotic is going to be better for me because of the antibacterial agent which Macrobid contains and which is fighting the bacteria causing UTI.

All in all I am fine now and I am hoping to reduce the occurrence of UTI and I am trying to improve my immune system by making some significant life style changes. I hope that you will realize that this antibiotic is good as well.