Hi all. I’ve been at public swimming pool several days ago and developed UTI (urinary tract infection). I was just wondering if I could make this infections go away by myself??? Can I cure myself by just flushing my system or do I really need to see a doc for it? Thanks for your thoughts.

It really depends on the bacterial load in the bladder. Yes, it is possible to keep your urine dilute enough through fluid intake that the symptoms of the UTI disappear. But, it is unlikely that the bacteria will actually go away from your urine. Therefore, I think that the best thing to do is to diagnose it properly and take proper treatment for it. This is especially important to do if you have UTIs on a recurrent basis (e.g. several within last few months). After all, once you get examined and once you determine which bacteria you have, a 3 day antibiotic course is usually sufficient to clear the urine of it – really no big deal.