Hello, folks. I have some problems with urinary tract infections. I have finally decided to visit a doctor. He recommended me pyridium for my problem. I would like to know something more about thisd rug. What are your experiences? I would really appreciate to hear what you have to say about this. Thanks.

Hello, there. Pyridium is often recommended when urinary tract infection appear. However, it is only analgesic for UTI. It isn’t an antibiotic, so it won’t cure you. It will only relieve you from pain, burning sensations, frequency and urgency. Has your doctor recommended you some antibiotic for your UTI? It would be strange if he hasn’t. I have good experiences with Pyridium. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!

Hello there gladys286,

As ethyl1504 has already explained to you Pyridium is analgesic and not antibiotic. Sure, it will help you to relieve the pain which you will experience during urinary tract infection but it will not cure your symptoms so you should ask your doctor about this matter if you haven’t already got the antibiotics, such as Amoxicillin, as well.

Furthermore you should increase intake of the fluids into your organism because this will help your body to flush away that bacteria which is the main culprit for your condition. plain water is just fine but you can add to this lemonade and some herbal teas, such as red and green tea.

Also cranberry products are good for all urinary tract issues.