Hi! I need some information about urinary tract infection. Please, tell me would urinary tract infection cause fever? My sister has bloody urine and very high fever. She's just gone to see a doctor. But I'm worried. I think that people with UTI don't have a fever. Am I right? Thanks!

Sorry, but I think that you are wrong. If you have urinary tract infection, you can have fever. The fever is one of the typical sign of UTI. Last month when I had UTI I had it. Also fever can be sign of some other problem like kidney infections or something else more serious.

Good afternoon everyone! I had a pressure when I urinated for about a week before I started to get body aches and a 103 fever.  I went to the doctor and I have a urinary tract infection.  My leukocyte level was 500!  It should be about 10! Anyway, I have to take Ciprofloxican for 14 days to cure the infection.  Hope this helps!

I had a 106.2 fever yesterday. I was rushed to the ER and the staff ran many test to only find my white blood cell count was high. The doctors seem to think it was from a UTI. At that point I had no signs of a UTI. So being a EMT myself I called BS but it seems to be the only thing that they could come up with. Perhaps the infection somehow got in to my blood stream causing my high fever.

I just had a baby two weeks ago and I had a high fever for three days straight finally I went to the er and all the testing they did they found that I had a uti. So it can definitely cause a fever.

They claim that i have a UTI. i have a 103 fever, pain in my abdomen, ribs, & back, sometimes my legs go numb, my head throbs like someone is kicking it (especially when i stand up), i'm not getting much sleep, & im either shaking because i'm so cold or sweating because i'm so hot. i've taken AZO, and now i'm on Ciprofloxacin and it hasn't seemed to do much. i drink plenty of water. starting to think it's something more.

I am going through the exact same thing now...went to the doctor and they said I have a UTI but I have no signs of it other than 103.7 fever and body aches...my heads also kills and tightness in my chest! Weird!

Hi my wife is having these same symptoms,did you ever find out what was the true cause of these symptoms?