Could you tell me are thyroid and parathyroid related? I need to know this for I am concerned over my health it happened I have this palpable lymph nodes at the back of and aside of my neck and is it possible that these lumps in my neck are related with some thyroid disorder and for I was reading something about it I would also like to hear if parathyroid is somehow related to this?

Sure they are related for I know that both of them thyroid and parathyroid glands are somewhere around the neck area and they are essential in producing hormones and letting them go into the bloodstream. Anyway if you think your thyroid glands are fixed and hard and even sensitive on touch than you should go visit an endocrinologist just to check out this for if swollen it may be the sign of some thyroid and parathyroid disorder. And you better react as fast as you can for there two types of thyroid hormones that are responsible for your metabolism to work properly and if it is something wrong in there you might be in risk of gaining some weight and as for those parathyroid glands I think they produce a hormone that is responsible in controlling levels of calcium.