Hi all. I’ve had this problem for several months now and it is really annoying. In between my periods, 10-12 days after a period ends, I experience noticeable lower abdominal bloating and slight discomfort. Also, I’ve noticed that I am more "gassy" than usual during that time. Sometimes I also feel as though my lower abdominal muscles are straining during bowel movements but I don't think it's constipation. The bloating goes away, but very often not until my next period starts. I am wondering is there anybody who could tell me what is my problem and what I could do to relieve it??? What could be the cause.

From what you’ve said so far, it is very tough problem to guess or diagnose. There are many potential causes: first, it is possible you have a follicle cyst - if so, symptoms should be related to ovulation and your period timing. If it is not ovulation related, it could be intestinal irritation, possibly from diet caused factors like lactose intolerance, infection, inflammation or irritable bowel. There are several things you can try prior to a medical evaluation. First, eliminate dairy products, increase fiber consumption and avoid gut irritants like alcohol and caffeine. If there is no change in the bloating pattern, than you should see the doctor for further examinations and diagnose. Hope this helps.

I,ve experienced the same thing only this time it is still there after my period and I am getting a mild ache in my right side that comes and goes and also some back pain, if you getany answers let me know.