Well as the title says, I've got some issues to throw out there for you guys.

It started about a month ago when I went out to dinner with my girlfriend on a Friday evening. The prior Wednesday night I was out to dinner for a work function and drank a little too much. I was sick the next morning because of it, but by Thursday night I was feeling ok. Friday night comes and it was nothing unusual until I sat down to order my meal. I was rather suddenly taken over with a slightly naseaus feeling and some abdominal bloating. My appetite went right out the window and after taking two bites of my meal we had to leave the restaraunt.

The whole weekend I wasnt feeling too well. I tried to sleep it off but it wouldnt go away. Monday comes and I went back to work a bit groggy but still able to go. It seemed that I had quite a bit of stomach gurgling and a feeling that was a mixture of gas, bloating and nasea. I was belching alot but not passing abnormal amounts of flatulance. At this point, I stopped drinking any coffee, soda and strictly drank water and occasionally tea.

The week goes by and it continues. The following weekend I fall asleep on the couch on Sunday afternoon and wake up feeling sick. Its the same nasea mixture, lack of energy and bloated feeling Ive had before only this time I feel flushed and slightly feverish. I decide to go to the ER as its all thats open on Sunday. After waiting there 13 hours (yes, 13) I go home after being told they think it might be a minor hernia that hasnt pushed through my abdominal wall. They tell me to take Motrin and let me go. My blood and urine tests came back without any sign of infection. I dont have a lump in my abdomen indicating a hernia though.

That Wednesday I wake up at 12:30AM or so trembling pretty bad. It was cold here that night but I was shaking enough to worry me quite a bit. I go to a different ER the next morning and explain to them the previous ER's thoughts and discoveries. They take blood, urine and a few X-Rays. They tell me its possibly "hernia related", tell me to take Motrin and to follow up with my regular physician. I follow up the next day with a doctor (i dont have a regular physician yet) and he tells me he doesnt feel a lump and thinks it might be a ligament strain. He prescribes me 800mg of Ibuprofin and lets me go.

In the meantime, im still feeling bloated, sick and have very very little appetite. I was eating very little and missing work at this point. I had lost 15 lbs by this time where I went to see another doctor. (thankfully, my new job's insurance card came in)

This doctor took the copies of the blood and urine samples Ive given at the 2nd ER visit. He took new X-Rays and after first thinking its a possible gallbladder issue, he then said it appeared my intestines were inflammed and not passing saying that he usually only sees similar things in patients that have had surgery in the area. He prescribed me Ciprofloxacin and Hyocyamine to take for a week. I took those two pills properly and the bloating seemed to go away yet the nasea when eating seemed to stay there. The lack of appetite is still there. Despite the nasea, I have not vomited at all during this time and the doctor tells me to cut out fatty foods in the meantime and start eating again. I started with broth and Jello during that time then worked up to rice cakes, salads and other non fatty foods. Im still doing this.

During this time, my stools took a different concistancy. They are shaped normally, yet are very loosely formed. They all sink when they didnt used to and they fall apart while just sitting in the water. They disintigrate immediately when the water moves leaving a cloud of sorts.

So here we are now. a good 4 or 5 weeks now after the first symptoms. I still have the unusual stools, I still have the gurgling, and I still belch alot. I went out to eat today with my girlfriend this morning and about 1/3 of the way through a salad, I had to stop due to the nasea-esque feeling. I dont have the bloating anymore, but I still have some abdominal sensitivity when I apply pressure to it (through muscle flexing, or externally). If I exert any force with flatulance or while having a bowl movement, I can feel discomfort in the abdomen. Its almost like a soreness than pain that is on the left side, and ranges from my hip area, to the upper part of my abdomen. I dont have the energy or appetite I used to, and at work my back muscles tend to get tired after about a half day when they wouldnt at all before. Cold temperature seems to aggravate me a bit too.

Does anyone have any clues as to what might be going on? This has really affected how Ive been able to just carry on my daily routine. I HATE missing work and i would like to know whats going on.

Im 25, 6'0 tall, 260 lbs and losing. Yes, im a big guy, but im down almost 20 lbs from when this started.

The last 3 weeks I have been experiencing pain on the left side of my sternum area and it kinda pain kinda goes down as far as my left hip. I thought I may have a problem with my spleen which I'm still not sure that its not. I feel very gassy and I'm now becoming nautious and my appetite the last two days has diminished. When I do eat I feel very bloated and that pain which is a dull pain seems to become aggrivated. I went to emergency about 2 weeks ago had blood test for bacterias, Mono, White Cells and everything came back fine. the only thing that was a little off was my blood pressure was a little high. Nothing severe but it was high. The problem is I'm not feeling any better and my anxiety is now taking over. I'm not sure now if my anxiety is causing this to be worse or is it whatever is going on near my stomach thats causing me to feel the way iam. I'm now having a hard time sleeping mainly because of the dull pains that concernme and I'm a nervous wreck now! My body literally feels shaky nervous at night and I have to try to calm my nerves down. I take 800 Motrin and that kinda helps.

Im 32 yrs. 5ft.7 in 160 lbs. moderately muscular body not much fat. I have not lost really any noticeable weight but I feel the way I have been eating lately that I will definitely begin to lose weight. Not sure what to do at this point. I don't have health insurance and the last trip to emergency costs me over two thousand dollars.

So at this time I just sit and pray its nothing serious and try to control my anxiety. If the pain persists or gets worse I have no choice than to go to the doctors again. Hopefully it won't be emergency. Anyone else dealing with similar symptoms?

Does anyone have resolution to this?

Wow. That is crazy. I have exactly the same thing. I have been to the emergency room at least 2 times each year since 2004. I thought it was my spleen too. It's on my left side, just under my bottom (last) rib. It pushes it out slightly. It's very uncomfortable. I have been told it was a muscle, and I have been told it was UTI. And yet nothing has helped, or cured my pain or the gassy feeling and slight bulge under my rib. I used to worry, but I had it for so long, I forget about it sometimes. It comes and goes (the symptoms). I'm kind of dying to know what this is too.

Hello and yes I'm in the same boat.
Little background first... On June 29 I went to the ER since I had a hard time breathing, shaky, numbeness in my arms and sweating.
Was told I might be having a heartattack. So They hooked me up to an EKG, took x rays and blood. Everthing was look good to them but just waiting for the last part of the blood test to show up.... tic tic tic, 30mins later the results came back as abnormal. So I was than told Plumary emblisim. I said how serious is that and what is it? Could I die?
Told its a blood clot that is in the lungs and yes I could die from it. So i'm thinking I'm 31yrs old. I have a 16 month daughter and a loving wife.....
This can not be true. Went to get a CT scan and it showed up as normal! Nothing there. So they just told me I have had a full blown panic attack and its just anxitey.
They gave me xanax.
Went to the my Dr and after talking with here she told me it sounds like Anxitey disorder. Take the xanax when needed tho.
So from Jun 29 to now Aug 25 I went from 194ish down to 162lbs.
There was a good month to which I did not want to eat. Felt like I wanted to throw up, felt shaky, and I when I did eat I would get this dull ache on the left side of my hip to which I pressed on that area it felt like a nerve with pressure on it. Soon after that was acting up I passed gas and it went away. This also did not always happen after I ate something.
Like this morning I woke up at 5:30am and that ache was there again. So I got up and went to the bathroom. Had some nice gas come out with only little stool. About 20mins later I had to go again and this time the stool was smaller. Now jumping back to the week after after I went to the ER my Stool was dihariah and green most of the time. It started to take some form about week 2. (still green) From what I was reading this is from worrying about everything and the anxitey. Seeing the green stool really got to me tho...
Last week I started to get brown stool again. With some what of a form now. It was the width of a finger. ( not really pencil thin) I weight my self and just over night I went from 167lbs to 162lbs. I was freaking out about that. As to why did I lose more? My food intake came back good.
So I really do not know.
During that last few weeks I would wake up ever morning with nervousness and shaky feeling. That would all go away after a few hours or if I took a xanax.
Funny thing is I keep questions my self if the DR are correct about me.
I kept looking online about when I might be going through. (NEVER DO THAT) Just made things worse.
Sorry if this was just all over the place but I hope it kind of helps to some extent.

Hi everyone, I'm in a similar boat. After a night of rum and mango juice I woke up with a tender abdomen on the right side. Seemed like my liver was upset with my behavior but when it lasted for days, I figured I better get it checked out. Started out numb like, "swollen" feeling. Blood tests, urine tests and ultrasound showed nothing. So much for gallstones, which my DR suspected. Although it may be sludge in the gallbladder causing a bit of grief. Weeks later now, it is somewhat subsided, but has now caused some discomfort in my colon, pains in sigmoid and ascending colon areas. And some trouble with constipation. After reading about gallbladder troubles and what can ensue, like a plugged pancreatic duct which may cause left sided abdomen pains, and also the IBS descriptions, perhaps this may be your troubles. Seeing how common gallbladder troubles are, I think you shoud have a function test done. That's my next move. Left sided colon troubles often are diverticulitis, also.

Anyone have any resolution on their problem...I have very similar symptoms for 2 months losing 30 pounds...all tests including CT scan normal...?? Help!!

I have actually spent the last three weeks experiencing similar symtoms. I woke up one morning feeling fine, but by the time I got out of the shower I was dry-heaving over the toilet. I've had a lack of appetite and a nauseated feeling everyday since. I've also noticed that my hands and sometimes other parts of my body are very shaky. I didn't so much notice until my girlfriend asked me if i was cold while we where laying on the couch. I was shaking while we were just lying there. Once in awhile I have evenings when I feel completely normal, and I usually feel fine when I wake up, but by the time I get to work, or as soon as I eat anything, its back again!

Steves040 wrote:

Steves I think you may have c diph...its a medical condition a good friend of mine had and it eventually got to the point where he was having bowe movements several times a day and he lost about 40 lbs before they finally figured out what it was. Look up c-diph on google.com search engine and see what you find. best of luck and god bless

To steves 040. If you dont have c-diph you may have Peritonitis or Diverticulitis. Between these 3 I have a feeling it may be one of those. Tell your doctor your sypmtoms and mention these 3. There could be more possibilities I dont know of but Im hoping between these 3 and talking to your doctor you find a solution. I have been hit with tainted bottled water twice where I had fever chills nasuea and BM where I would go 4 times over in 1 espisode. I now may be suffering from something becuase of that but havnt felt anything other then a little abdominal discomfort since early Sat morning after drinking the bad water fri night.

God bless and best of everything with your situation!

Hey Guest here is a link I have that may help. Its possible you could be getting c-diph and a good friend of mine had that. Ive had strange intestinal symptoms as well but so far its been far and few between.

**edited by moderator**

Its very likely a clogged colon!! Take some natural herb remedies to unclog the colon and see if that helps! Its helped myself a ton so far but still getting the remaning bits of bacteria and fecal matter out of my system after slowly working on it for almost 2 months.

I had the same symptoms of losing a lot of weight and feeling nautious sometimes especially after eating certain foods. I even had a couple of stomach pain attacks and some very bad nausea spells where a few times I thought I would vomit but instead I would let out 3 to 4 bowel movements in 1 sitting. Clean out your colon with remedies that wont be harsh at first. Then once youve cleaned yourself out for a while try this link ***

**edited by moderator** **web addresses are not allowed**

Have yourself checked for H.Pilori bacteria, it can be done through the blood test where they check for anibodies.  Good luck.

I've been dealing with these issues since last June I ended up in the ER with a 104 degree temp and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.  They came to find I had a kidney infection & was extremely backed up.  My fever went away but the nausea came & went along with horrible stomach issues and my left side ribcage was swelled horribly.
Back to my PCP & she did more tests & found I had H. Pylori so I was on more antibiotics.
Speeding up to December my symptoms grew worse I could probably belch a whole song, which is really embarrassing & no so lady like.
My Endocrinologist order a nuclear test "emptying stomach study" where you eat half an egg sand & lay under this machine until it digests.
I take a lot of PPI's
Prilosec & Dexilant to help with the GERD
and my doctor prescribed me some medicine to help with the nausea and to enforce regular bowel movements.
It's very painful & disturbing but thinking positively, it could always be worse.
Oh and my doc recommended  not eating salads. Lettuce does something to your digestive system
There's a long list of food you can not eat and very little you can.
I pray you find out so you can get some peace & relief.

It's called Gastroparesis

GoodLuck