I'm 18 years old.. have had to go to the doctor twice now for low right quadrant abdominal pain (sharp twinge when I walk) I am 7 weeks late on my period, and went to the doctor today (neg. test). First doctor visit was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, but this is different.. Sharper pains that don't really bother when I'm laying down. I'm just really worried..

I'm having the exact same symptoms. Delayed menstruation with sharp abdominal pain. My pain comes and goes, but it's intense at times. I took a HPT and it was negative. My web searches keep pulling information on infertility, but I have a 4-year-old daughter. I'm just not sure what's going on and I was hoping maybe you found some answers.

For the both of you, I would go to your obgyn and have them check you for cysts..I have had the same pain that comes and goes, on my lower right side, first time I noticed this was about 6 years ago when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter....and it turned out to be a cyst, these can sometimes cause infertility in women, and should be taken care of...Wish you both the best of luck!!

i'm 17 this year. i've been having occational twinges of pain in my lower Left abdominal area. the pain you guys described sounds like mine. about a month back, i had the pain and i couldn't lift my leg up to tie my shoe lace.. it was even hard getting into the car because of the required lifting motion of my left leg. i also had brown discharge that day but it stopped the next day and i did not hav my period.
i've been having twinges of pain again this week. expecially when i suck in my stomach and a little pain when i walk. the pain is on n off and doesn't really affect me badly.
i had a cyst when i was 12 and i took medication for it. i've been alright since then with fairly regular periods. but NOW, my period is Late. i believe its been 2 months almost. and the Low Left Abdominal pain has got me worried..

I have been experiencing the same pains but on both sides,now for 2 years. my bleeding was very abnormal, the longest i bled for was 3 months straight then it went to only bein 3-4 days apart. i have not bled for 15weeks now but pregnancy tests are negative, i hgave had numerous scans and swabs plus medication but the doctors are stillconfused to whats going on. unlike all your pains coming and going i am in pain 24/7 am really worried as my pains are getting worse, have any of you found anything out? x

I am 22 years old and I have been having lower abdominal/pelvic pain on my right side for about 3 months and only that side is swollen. It has swollen up so bad that I now have stretch marks from it and I have not have my period, I am 3 1/2 weeks late and I took two HPT and one at the doctor. All three were negative. When I went to the doctor he told me he didnt know why my abdominal/pelvic area is swollen, that he didnt know why my period is late, and he cant explain the pain, real big help he was, He didnt do an ultrasound, internal or external, he just did the two finger exam. Which he said he didnt feel anything. I dont have insurance and dont know what to do next. I dont believe there is nothing wrong. If there was no swelling or pain I would believe him but it just doesnt sound right to me. I was on birth control for the past three years and I stopped taking it around June. I am worried that I have a cyst........

Hi, i am 27 yrs old. facing same problems here. 1 week late with my period and having lower abdomen pain since 10 days. Tested negative with with HCG test. I am eager to get preggo but confused with delayd period and negative test. pls someone let me know if somebody facing similar probs. I am really worried.

im 20 and i have pain in my side , you know how if u walk or run u get that certin pain on ur side thats what it is , also i have missed my period for 2 months and 4 negitive prego test im worried and am making an appt to dr for next week.

did you guys ever figure out what it was? im having pain in my lower right abdomen and back. had sex 2 and a half weeks ago & am now 2 weeks late on my pregnancy. 2 HPT'S have been negative but maybe it was too soon to test... About a month ago my doctor said i might have endometriosis, which causes infertility. but since im late, im concerned that maybe its something else. please help?

Hi all - I'm having the exact same problem and can't find help anywhere. My last period was March 2012, so it's three months late. I've had four negative home pregnancy tests, have a sharp pain in my lower abdomen on the right side. Feels like I am being stabbed! It hurts so bad I lay on my back and cry! If I lay on my belly, the pain stabs in the right side, and radiates to my lower right back side. So confused what to do! Want to go to the ER, but have no insurance :( anyone find out anything?

Hi guys ive got the same problems missed period, negative test, but ive been on clomid to get pregnant, but with these pains i had to rule out one thing ectpoic pregnancy, look at the symptoms, if your getting them go to the doctor straight away as i am going soon. Be safe ladies.

i feel the same way too.

I'm 26 years old and now it's the 7 th week and no sign of periods. I really want to get pregnant but so far the test is negative. Lastnight I had the sharpest pain on the right side of stomach so sharp tht I woke up from my sleep at around 4 am I'm so upset and worried and I'm do unsure wht I shud do ....

well, i will suggest you go for a scan. I once thought i was pregnant with similar experience for up to five months until i decided going to see a doctor and check my baby but the scan result came out and there was no baby but a cyst. I was operated upon and my period started flowing again to after the operation. It might also be pregnancy but to clear all doubts just go for a scan.

Hi ladies , I am not trying to get pregnany neither have I had sex for four months so this is not a problem however I have no had a period for 3 months and I have recently come off of birth control . I have beeb having awful pain in my left side of abdoman and I had an ultrasound and found out that I have a cyst on my left kidney , not serious but having an operation to remove soon , so I urge you to go request a scan to check