Hello all,

The past two weeks I've been having lots of lower abdominal stomach discomfort and very loud stomach gurgling after eating meals. Over the past few days it has gotten increasingly worse to the point where stomach gurgling happens all day with lower abdominal stomach discomfort. It is especially painful after eating a meal. Almost instantly while eating food my stomach will make very loud gurgling noises and I will experience a more painful discomfort as it feels like I'm bloated and have something stuck in my stomach. The lower center abdominal area hurts when touched. The discomfort increases when walking around and laying down. I've had to leave work early due to intense lower abdominal pain the last couple days. Last night I went to Emergency because it was very bad and had tests done. Blood, urine, x-ray, and cat-scan showed nothing. It's very annoying beginning to affect my overall life style. I'm a runner. I like to avg. 60 miles a week but because of this it has been hard and have had to take some time off. It seems as though digesting food has been much harder for me the past couple of months. It has taken a lot longer to digest and I've had an increase in gas. I do my best to eat the same amount of food to keep up with my sport but it's grows very annoying with this discomfort/pain. I never used to have this. I haven't been able to focus/concentrated on my running goals and it feels like I'm not able to perform like I used to. It's as though I've lost my drive. I feel tried/exhausted when exercising which is very annoying.

I've tried taking Digestive enzymes, GasX, my doctor prescribed Prevacid but these don't seem to work. All forms of food/drink cause this problem.

As I've said the past few days the discomfort/bloated feeling and stomach gurgling is constant now. I'm going to see a Gastrointestinal specialist but I wanted to know if you all might have an idea what this is.

Btw - I'm Male, 19 years old, 5"7.5", 115lbs.

Thanks all.

My brother had a whole range of GI symptoms that were as annoying as yours and that made him so tired and exhausted. As the tests didn’t show much, like always in that case, they diagnosed him with IBS. Besides the gurgling, cramping and tiredness, he had diarrhea for so long that we started making jokes in the end although it wasn’t that fun at all.
He also had to undergo sigmoidoscopy, a procedure when they push a device up to your bottom to check for disorders.
He was also under different types of treatments. Some would work, some wouldn’t. His doctor said that no medication used for IBS would work the same for every person. It may be hard to find one or a combination that would help in treating the symptoms, because that is all one can do with IBS.

It is important to work closely to your doc in figuring out what this is and how to make it go away.

I totally understand what you are going through my friend. For 9 weeks now i have had exactly the same symptoms and so far the blood results, a colonoscopy and a couple of stool samples have all come back negative.
Along with the discomfort on eating i also get nausea and exhaustion and i am losing weight. Let me know how you are getting on and we can exchange ideas on how to beat this horrible thing which i am beginging to think is IBS.

I have very loud stomach gurgling. The weird thing is that when my stomach gugles, it relieves pressure, and it actually feels better. My step-brother is a doctor and he said it sounds like IBS. It's getting really annoying. Has anyone heard of H. Pilori? I have heard that this can cause the same symptoms??

You should turn to using probiotics - acidophilus capsules, with at least 3 billion bacteria. I think you'll notice some improvement as I did. You can buy them at Vitamin World or any good health food store.

I am a 21 year old female and I have very bad lower left abdominal pain and have been put on t3's and it dosen't even help. I have had blood work, colonoscapy, fluroscapy, x- rays, and ultrasounds and nothing has shown up. I just had a child 9 months ago and thats when the pain started. Still they have come up with nothing abd it interfers with my daily activities. I'm tired all the time, feel full, swollen on the left side and it hurts more when I lay down or do alot of walking.

I am almost 16 years old and i have had loud stomach noises for over a year now. they are very distracting and i am quite embarrased by it. i have had 3 blood tests done and stool samples and my doctor doesn't seem to know what it is. I get the loud noises at all times of the day, not in any certain pattern or anything. My stomach also gets really tense and i can feel my stomach swell in places to where you can actually see a lump in my stomach. I eat a lot and i eat a lot of vegetables. I do not eat an excess of sweets either. I don't drink soda. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does this sound like IBS?

Also, my doctor has prescribed medicine that hasn't helped and she even said once that its just air pushing in my stomach because I chew gum! I don't think this is it because a lot of poeple chew gum and their stomachs don't sound like mine!

I really need help! It's really embarassing and my doctor hasn't been much help. Like i said before, she made me get 3 blood test and during my last visit, she said i needed to get another blood test because she didn't have record of me getting the other 3! She told me to get all 3 then read me the results when they came back! I don't know what to do. Please help if you have any ideas! Thank you!!! :-)

Try to avoid wheat for two weeks. It's very difficult, but sounds to me like you may have gluten intolerance or its more serious form - celiac disease.

I had a friend who was diagnosed with IBS and I told her that it was actually a gluten intolerance. Finally, that was the conclusion to which her doctor came. Not enough doctors know about this.

Give it a try. I bet it will work for some of you!

could be candida...it is quite common, and so often overlooked, I would get tested for it...especially if all other tests have come up negative. Candida causes bloating, cramping, head-aches, sinus infections, mucus in stool, and a variety of other symptoms.
Ask for a blood test to check your candida levels.

After numerous hospital tests, the doctors diagnosed me with IBS with some diverticulitus. I had been dealing with the same problems as your's for over a year - constipation, abdominal pain, terrible gas (starting around 11am and getting worse by 4pm) I was in denial at first. Who wants to live with this constant unwell feeling every day - it can be so embarassing. But IBS is quite common and since talking with co-workers, I found out that out of 25 people who work in our office, at least 3 of us have the same problems and all are female.
I've found the following changes have helped me immensely - dring lots of water, increase dietary fiber by eating at least 3 tablespoons of ground golden flax seed per day, in oatmeal for breakfast, in yoghurt at lunch and in yoghurt in evening. Keeps the bowels moving. For gas I take fennel seed liquid and collinsonia twice a day. The local health food store loves to see me coming, but all of the above gives me so much relief and helps me live a fairly normal life. Good luck to you.

I HAVE HAD BURNING OF THE STOMACH, GURGLING AND AN UNCOMFORTABLE STOMACH FOR THE PAST MONTH NOW. WENT ON PREVACID & WAS SWITCHED TO PROTONIX. WENT THRU A SONOGRAM, UPPER G.I. SERIES, LOWER BOWEL SERIES, ABDOMINAL/PELVIC CAT SCAN & A HIDA SCAN FOR THE GALL BLADDER ALL OF WHICH CAME UP NEGATIVE. STOOL SAMPLES FOR PARASITES, BLOODWORK FOR OTHER GASTRO DISEASES ALL CAME UP NEGATIVE. THE GURGLING CONTINUES & MY G.I. SUGGESTED THAT I DOUBLE UP ON THE PROTONIX 1 AM & 1 PM. HE THINKS IT MAY BE I.B.S. FROM THE PROCESS OF ELIMINATION. H-PYLORI IS HIGH FROM BLOOD WORK BUT I NEED TO TAKE A BREATH TEST TO CONFIRM. I COULD SYMPATHIZE WITH ALL OF THE OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS WEB SITE. PLEASE ADVISE IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE I COULD DO.

Hello everyone I am currently 25 years old and these stomach noises have been causing me so many problems. I really started to notice my stomach noises when I was like 19 years old. Once I graduated from my university the stomach noises seem to have gotten worse. I hate having to do any kind of training, because I get soo scared that my stomach will start to make some type of noise. I actually had to resign from a government job, because the training was 4 months long and I had to spend 80% of my time in a quiet room. I was doing pretty good for the first 4 weeks, but then I got a tetaneous shot and a hepatitis shot and everything went down hill.

I will have to go through another training, which will be a week long, 8 hours a day. I wish I didn't have to do this training, but I guess I have no other alternative. I also want to get my masters, but I guess I will have to try to get it online. There are some schools like Boston University, Michigan State, Texas Tech, Florida State, Penn State and University of Houston that offer degrees online. I hope this helps for those who are in school and hate going to class. I am now trying to go to a career path that does not make me work in a quiet environment.

One thing that helped me a great deal was taking fiber pills (metamucil). My routine would start out like this, wake up and try to do #2, then take 2 fiber pills and have breakfast. I would like like 20 fiber pills with me, just incase I heard any noises. I would have lunch and then try to do #2 again and take 2 more fiber pills. I would also take water with me and also something to drink on that was carbonated. I think that if you flush food through your system, by using the restroom, then this may help with the stomach noises. It did for me until I got the darn tetaneous and hepatitus shot.

One other thing that I noticed helped a great deal was running or probably any other excercise. I remember one time I had to run 1.5 miles before lunch and I didn't eat anything, I just drank water. I showered and went to class and I was thinking that I was sure to have stomach noises. I was soo surprised that my stomach did not make one noise.

I went to go and see a doctor in another country (Mexico) since I don't have insurance right now. He checked me out and said that my heart beat is like off on the 11th beat or something like that. He said that it was nothing to worry about, but that this may be the reason for my stomach noises. He asked if I had been excercising lately and I said no. He asked if I had any chest pains and I said a couple times and he said that I should start to excercise everyday. He also gave me this medication, Creon and this other medication. I am taking them right now, but I don't know if they are really working, since my stomach has been feeling about the same. The doctor told me to stay away from processed foods, such as sausages and not to any spices (garlic, pepper, cumin and other spices) he also said not to eat any spicy foods. I am also lactose intollerant, so I don't drink any dairy products. I think I am also alergic to glutons, so I stay away from wheat, barly and oats.

One other thing that I have not done yet, but am thinking about is taking milk thistle to try to help my liver process foods. I don't want to do this yet, until I have finished my training. I don't want to experiment right now before I go to training.

Well good luck to everyone and I hope we can deal with our problem. It would be nice if we could all work for the same company and we didn't have to worry about our stomach noises.

Just to update everyone. I bought 2 boxes of Paragone and a bottle of Milk Thistle and a bottle of Acidophilus which is a Probiotic. I took a pill of Milk Thistle and Acidophilus last night and I did feel better this morning, not as many stomach noises. This morning I started the Paragone and my stomach is making more noises again. I hope this a good sign and I hope that parasites are the root to my problem and I hope Paragone kills them. I will keep you posted on any updates on my condition. I'm pretty sure I do have parasites, because I have traveled quite a bit and I have gotten sick several times while abroad. I bought my pills at a health store, but you can buy them cheaper online, but I couldn't wait to start. I would recommend the Milk Thistle and Acidophilus for people to start out, but if you think you may have parasites, then I would also try the Paragone. Good luck to everyone and keep everyone posted on what you have tried and what works and what does not. Thanks Eric

For me this has been a hard struggle I'm taking Zantac 75 and it gives me relief temporary I will keep you guys posted.
God Bless :-)

I use Manuka honey to combat the acid reflux