I’d like to know what blood in stool could indicate for I have this problem for more than a month now. I also suffer lately from occasional fever followed by nausea and vomiting, I have abdominal pain and bowel movements problem also. I’ve heard two days ago that my grandpa has died of a colon cancer so I wonder what blood in stool could indicate.

Hi! My husband was diagnosed with colon cancer half of a year ago and had a colon surgery that has finished by performing a colostomy but with big chances for colostomy reversal. I’m telling you this for those symptoms you’ve described may indicate colon cancer especially if there’s a family history? So what to say? I in fact would advice to you to go and have a colonoscopy which is a screening teat for detecting eventual polyps on your colon’s walls. You know having blood in stool is never a good sign except if it is coming from hemorrhoids but I don’t think you have them. It’s better to do a colonoscopy just to make sure for you’ve said you have blood in stool longer than a month. This colonoscopy will detect possible polyps that are actually precancerous stage and that might be treated while colonoscopy is performed and in the same time the biopsy would be done and the removed tissue would be sent to the lab to be examined for cancer cells.