Well i had actualy never bothered to try tampons, so i decided to try recently. Now while pushing up the tampon it only went so far (possibly 2 inches max) and i would get a shooting pain in my lower stomach maybe uterus? So i tried over and over , switching angles ect. I difinitly wasnt too narrow cause the whole is actly surprisingly wide >:-( ha. so anywayyy i checked it out and my finger would not fully fit in length wise before i hit my cervix ( big lump with whole in the center). And it is this way ll the time. Ha so tell me how its gona be possible for a penis to fit in a 2 inche long vagina? Anybody else with this 'problem or heard of it?
Thank you

Your vagina is actually much longer than that. What you're feeling is not the cervix. It's your hymen which is an indication/proof of your virginity. If the hymen is still intact the first time you have sex, it will be ruptured during first intercourse. This is what causes the bleeding when a woman's virginity is lost.

Research on the internet may tell you more, but the response from momsays is very incorrect. The average depth of a vagina is roughly 3 inches or so (you'll never get an exact measurement) though when you are aroused, the vagina expands to double its size or so. The hymen momsays was talking about is a very thin membrane directly at the entrance, not inside...google images can show you that : P. The hymen is sometimes not there from birth and other things, and is often damaged and stretched when you loose your virginity. The hymen is not much to worry about. How you described the painful area inside your vagina, "big lump with a hole in the center" is a very good description. Others describe is as a mount with a dimple in the middle and other things, but that is the entrance to your cervix. Hitting that during sex is painful to some, painless to others. It all varies. As for your vagina depth, just as every guy has a different penis size, every girl has a different sized vagina. Rarely, if I thrust in as far into my girlfriend as I can, and only in certain positions, I can hit my girlfriends cervix and cause quite a bit of discomfort for her, so when you have sex you may just need to be careful. Don't worry about it, as I said the depth will increase when you are aroused. You also sound relatively young, and puberty and growing may change your vaginas depth. I hope this helped answer your questions : )

Thanks a million for ur advice zuser . .it calmed me down big time :-D

I aswell had this problem. I to get a sharp pain when I try to insurt a tampon. but it doesnt hurt to have sex, so I do not compleatly understand.

here is also a birth defect (i think from too much androgen in the mother, though i dont remember) that effect 1-2000 women causing a shallow vagina. Those women are generally infertile. Grab an anatomy &physiology book at the libraryand you can look into it

I just wish I could meet you or knew how to meet girls like you. I am short down there...longer than 2 inches, but, like they said, your size doubles when aroused.

The hymen is not an indication/proof of virginity as you can rupture it; dancing, horse riding, motortbike riding, masturbating etc and you are not losing your virginity doing any of these. Losing your virginity means a penis has been inserted into your vagina :-)

When I try to put in a tampon, it flips upside down! I have a very shallow vagina and can feel my cervix, too. You are not alone! Lol

LOL!! Not the case here. A cervix is not back very much at all but, when aroused will move back further. Silly kid, hymen is at the entrance not two inches in the hole.

This wasn't helpful since I have two kids and still don't know why my vagina is shallow now when it wasn't before.

I think I have a shallow vagina I can't put in a tampon bc of it and I don't want to talk to my mom bc it is a weird topic what do I do I'm 13

It could be that you are expericiencing vaginal prolapse. This can occur sometimes after vaginal birth or pregnancy. Kegel or pelvic floor exercises are often suggested to help fix the issue. Some physiotherapists specialise in this area.
You may also be experiencing some urinary incontinence, such as when you sneeze, cough or laugh. Improving pelvic floor tone should help with this too

I think I have a shallow vagina too, but I can put in a tampon. Maybe you should try other positions to put it in and if you fail, don't worry. From 11 to 17 years old, I was never able to put in a tampon as I was scared and it hurt too (since I poked the skin around the hole and it was sensitive). Take the smallest size tampon, read the instructions, try different positions and just keep trying every month.

hi;

to really measure the depth of your vagina you should be laying flat on a surface. You probably tried to measure it in a crouch position. as far as length it will grow with you, and as said before it will get wider when aroused. it is stretchable as well. I hope it helped. Thanks