Im currently 22 weeks pregnant...I've had some pain in my lower abdomen...The first pain is in my stomach around my belly button and goes down towards my uterus...It only lasts like a minute...Then the other pain is in my lower right side..it doesnt last long either...it jus feels like a quick sharp pain....What are these pains and are they normal??

Well, occasional abdominal pain is a common pregnancy complaint, most of the times it is harmless, but it can also be a sign of a serious problem. You should never ignore severe or persistent abdominal during pregnancy. Serious problems which could cause you an abdominal pain during pregnancy are: an ectopic pregnancy which happens when a fertilized egg implants outside the uterus, it usually causes symptoms at about six or seven weeks after fertilization; a preterm labor which is typically characterized by regular abdominal contractions that start dilating and effacing the cervix. Other causes of lower abdominal pain during pregnancy may include round ligament pain, placental abruption or preeclampsia. But most women will experience mild abdominal discomfort throughout their pregnancy that occasionally occurs from the uterus stretching, from gas or even from constipation. So if you don’t have any other unusual problems there’s nothing to worry about. But you should always talk to your gynecologist about every single concern you have during your pregnancy.